HCA UK are incredibly proud to be awarded ‘Private Hospital Group of the Year ‘2020 at the Health Investor Awards.
Job - BANK Oncology Complementary Therapist
Location – The Harley Street Clinic, LOC +/- other central London HCA sites.
Contract Type – Bank
The post holder will be responsible for delivery of a range of complementary therapies, including reflexology, aromatherapy and massage to cancer patients who attend The Harley Street Clinic and LOC (Leaders in Oncology Care) for treatment or follow-up. The post holder will be a member of the HCA bank (temporary staffing group) and support a team of complementary therapists delivering services across two hospital sites. There is scope for regular hours as well as additional ad hoc annual leave cover.
Duties & Responsibilities
- To provide aromatherapy massage and / or reflexology to patients with cancer
- To keep accurate records concerning the patients and their use of the service.
- To act as a resource and support to patients regarding the role of complementary therapy in helping them to manage symptoms and side effects of cancer and its treatment.
- To receive regular supervision by the lead complementary therapist.
- To be able to demonstrate engagement in activities designed to continue professional development such as attendance at study days.
- To carry out all work in a professional manner, in accordance with good practice standards and relevant policies and legislation.
Skills & Experience
- Recognised training in aromatherapy / reflexology (e.g. IFA, AOC)
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience, with experience working with cancer patients
- Participation in clinical supervision
- Experience of collaborating in audit and/or research.
- Knowledge of cancer, its impact and management
About The Facility
HCA Healthcare UK – The World’s largest private hospital group; providing award winning acute and complex care.
From complex care to straightforward procedures in both adults and children, HCA UK provides exceptional care across our six world-class hospitals, clinics, outpatient and diagnostics centres, and NHS partnerships. We believe that all our patients and employees should have access to the latest state-of-the-art technology, which has seen HCA UK invest more than £500 million over the last decade to ensure that our hospitals and specialist centres are amongst the best equipped in the world. This philosophy of continual investment ensures our employees have the best career development opportunities; as their skills advance alongside our facilities and technology.