London – The Harley Street Clinic
Cardiac Ward Manager
Location – The Harley Street Clinic, W1, London
permanent and Full time – 37.5 hours
Salary – Competitive + Benefits (pension, health cover, flexible benefits and excellent career development)
The Cardiac Ward Manager is a fundamental role to improve the cardiac patient experience, as well as providing clinical and professional leadership to the ward team to include support and mentorship of junior staff, acting as a clinical expert and role model.
You will be responsible for ensuring the highest quality of practice and care through effective monitoring of own and others clinical competence and manage the ward on a day-to-day basis taking into account the agreed budget including complying with the workforce planning objectives.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
- To be a highly visible leader and role model to the nurses within the team.
- Ensure the patient environment is of a high standard, including levels of cleanliness, to maintain safety at all times and appreciate and be sensitive to patients’ physical, psychological, spiritual and cultural requirements.
- Help investigate any incidents and complaints thoroughly, enabling the CEO/CNO to respond within the agreed timeframe.
- Take responsibility for managing the department within an agreed annual budget including working hours and units of service, maximizing revenue recapture and cost control.
- Lead all nurses in assessing, planning, implementing and evaluating patient care, ensuring all documentation is accurate and complies with NMC and HCA guidelines.
- Take responsibility for initiating the audit of clinical practice within the department and changing practice where appropriate.
- Support all staff to maintain and develop their skills in compliance with an annual Learning & Development plan, taking responsibility for the recruitment for the ward and supporting with any HR issues which may arise within the team.
Skills & Experience:
- NMC registered General Nurse with Cardiac, Thoracic and Vascular Surgery experience
- Previous experience within a managerial and team leader role
- Demonstrable experience of motivating and developing staff to ensure reduced staff turnover
- Knowledge of the legislation and standards of relevant healthcare regulators (CQC)
HCA Healthcare UK – The World’s largest private healthcare group; providing award winning primary, acute and complex care.
At The Harley Street Clinic, we provide a range of complex care services for adults, specialising in oncology, cardiology/cardiaothoracic surgery, major complex surgery and neurosurgery. From pioneering techniques to treat cancer, our clinicians work together to provide the best possible care and treatments for our patients. Our staff always go the extra mile in caring for our patients which can be demonstrated by our recent outstanding rating, awarded by the CQC.
We were recently awarded “Best Private Hospital Group” at the 2020 Health Investor Awards.
We continually invest in medical technology and were the first centre in the UK to perform radiotherapy using the innovative Cyberknife technique, allowing surgeons to treat tumours that were previously deemed inoperable.
If you wish to find out more about this opportunity, please apply for this role and a member of the team will be in contact shortly.