Location: this is a hybrid role based in central London (our offices are on the river!) and remote
Why join HCA’s ITG team:
HCA Healthcare UK’s Information Technology Group (ITG) is a Group IT function, developing and managing all aspects of healthcare IT across our portfolio of hospitals, clinics, outpatient centres, laboratories, and other associated businesses.
Much of our work in HCA ITG is ultimately in service of change and operations in a clinical environment, be that in primary care and outpatients or right through to our nation-leading intensive care suites. As such the work is intensely personally rewarding, working alongside our consultants, nurses, and other practitioners to fashion the solutions which enable them to provide the best possible care and interventions for our patients. There are few roles as personally rewarding as addressing the many problems and opportunities that enable that care to be more effective and efficient.
Our colleagues are dedicated to HCA Healthcare’s mission of continuously providing high quality and compassionate patient-centred healthcare. The ITG team are a vibrant, innovative, mission focused team who have a strong focus and commitment of maintaining the strong culture we have here. We aim to promote from within (and do so 40%+ of the time!) and therefore harness and invest in the talent we have.
Above all else, we are committed to the care and improvement of human life and how the work we do makes that possible. Come and join us!
About the role:
This Enterprise Systems Solution Architect role sits within the ITG Technology Delivery Department, under the Head of Technology Delivery. This dynamic role is within the Solutions Design team in the Technology Delivery Department. The design team’s solution architects are multi-disciplinary across networks, infrastructure, data, COTS, integrations and developed solutions supported by a separate Enterprise Architecture function.
HCA UK has an expansive and deep change agenda over the coming years including major transformations and a long tail of other key projects. Our solution architects are critical to this work both devising and providing oversight for high and low level designs and in alignment with the direction of our collaborative architectural community and governance processes. In many cases our solution architects will be guiding or quality assuring the low level designs of other IT professionals on projects and change.
The architecture community of practice is a supportive group and will lean on each other for guidance, course correction, and design approvals. While there is high accountability for the design work the collaborative governance model provides both a safety net and learning environment for all our architects.
About the role:
- Leading the development of solution architectures in specific business, infrastructure or functional areas.
- Manage the preparation of technical plans and ensures that appropriate technical resources are made available. Ensures that appropriate tools and methods are available, understood and employed in architecture development.
- Provide technical guidance and governance on solution development and integration. Evaluates requests for changes and deviations from specifications and recommends actions.
- Ensure that relevant technical strategies, policies, standards and practices (including security) are applied correctly
- Design systems to meet specified requirements and agreed systems architectures.
- Specify and design software to meet defined requirements by following agreed design standards and principles.
- Previous experience working in a similar Solutions Architect role
- Hands on experience or in-depth knowledge of SQL and other relational database systems
- Experience in multiple software coding environments (e.g. modern and legacy, .NET, python, PHP)
- Past experience designing different internal and external integration methods, particularly using middleware
- Knowledge of MS Dynamics and Power Platform capabilities and modules
- Experience in working on loosely coupled multi-tier architectures
- Have driven effective MDM Master Data Management solutions
- Designed and supported the quantification of business cases and investments
Why join HCA Healthcare UK:
HCA Healthcare is the country’s largest provider of privately funded care with 800,000 patient interactions every year.
From pioneering complex care, urgent care, to primary care, outpatient and day-case treatment, we provide exceptional care across our network of facilities and key NHS partnerships. HCA is the only private hospital group able to invest over £500 million in the latest treatments, technology, techniques and medication.
At HCA we put our patients first and affirm the unique worth of each individual. Exceptional healthcare is built on a foundation of inclusion, compassion and respect for our patients and for each other.