Location: this is a hybrid role based in central London (our offices are on the river!) and remote
Why join HCA’s ITG team:
HCA Healthcare UK’s Information Technology Group (ITG) is a Group IT function, developing and managing all aspects of healthcare IT across our portfolio of hospitals, clinics, outpatient centres, laboratories, and other associated businesses.
Our colleagues are dedicated to HCA Healthcare’s mission of continuously providing high quality and compassionate patient-centred healthcare.
The ITG team are a vibrant, innovative, mission focused team who have a strong focus and commitment of maintaining the strong culture we have here. We aim to promote from within (and do so 40%+ of the time!) and therefore harness and invest in the talent we have.
Above all else, we are committed to the care and improvement of human life and how the work we do makes that possible. Come and join us!
About the role:
An exciting and newly created Software and Data Engineering Manager role sitting within the Infrastructure and Operations team within the wider ITG function at HCA Healthcare UK.
This role is responsible for our Software and Data Engineering strategy including designing, building, operationalising, securing and monitoring our data pipelines and data stores.
The ITG Technology Delivery Department, under the ITG Head of Technology Delivery oversees the Platform Engineering, Software Engineering, Solutions Design and QA teams, and is responsible for maintaining all the technology infrastructure components, and as well as looks after all the aspects of applications, services, storage, networking and connectivity elements that are used in the day-to-day operations of HCA.
- Experience leading a team within a Software and Data Engineering area, managing development and prioritization
- Planning, estimating and executing systems development work to time, budget and quality
- Sets policy and drives adherence to standards for system development.
- Leads activities to make security and privacy integral to systems development.
- Identifies and manages the resources necessary for all stages of systems development projects
- Leads on the selection and development of data engineering methods, tools and techniques
- Develops HCA’s policies, standards and guidelines for the development and secure operation of data services and products as well as software construction and refactoring
Why join HCA Healthcare UK:
HCA Healthcare is the country’s largest provider of privately funded care with 800,000 patient interactions every year.
From pioneering complex care, urgent care, to primary care, outpatient and day-case treatment, we provide exceptional care across our network of facilities and key NHS partnerships. HCA is the only private hospital group able to invest over £500 million in the latest treatments, technology, techniques and medication.
At HCA we put our patients first and affirm the unique worth of each individual. Exceptional healthcare is built on a foundation of inclusion, compassion and respect for our patients and for each other.