London – The Princess Grace Hospital
Location – The Princess Grace Hospital
Salary – Competitive experience + Benefits (pension, health cover, flexible benefits and excellent career development)
This is a full-time role working 37.5 hours per week
About The Facility:
The Princess Grace Hospital is part of HCA Healthcare UK, and is one of the largest private hospitals in the UK with over 120 patient beds and circa 450 employees. We have an international reputation for excellence in complex healthcare and have gained four decades of expertise in treating patients from the UK and overseas.
About the Role
This is a fantastic opportunity for a nurse with an interest in intestinal failure (IF) and Parenteral Nutrition (TPN) to join our newly established Intestinal Failure Unit. We care for patients with a variety of conditions of the GI tract such as inflammatory bowel disease, oesophageal and bowel cancer, intestinal failure, gastro oesophageal reflux disease and pancreatitis. This involves complex pre and post op surgical and medical care, managing both the physical and psychological changes for our patients, we also follow enhanced recovery pathways to reduce the length of stay, whilst maintaining a high standard of care to ensure a safe discharge. We have a fantastic multi-disciplinary team who all help us provide quality patient centred care.
As a Staff Nurse, your main purpose will be to plan, deliver and evaluate high standards of nursing care whilst maintaining professional at all times whilst working within a multidisciplinary team, supervising and directing junior staff and also temporary staff. You’ll demonstrate good clinical practice at all times and to be accountable for own actions and contribute to the setting of clinical standards, policy and procedures and research-based care and other practice development initiatives.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Demonstrate good clinical practice at all times and to be accountable for own actions
- Assess, plan and deliver care to meet patient and family needs
- Undertake extended roles such as IV cannulation, phlebotomy
- Contribute to research-based care and other practice development initiatives
- Contribute to the setting of clinical standards, policy and procedure
- Participate in governance activities and meetings within the Nutrition Support Team (NST) and Dietetics Department
- Promote good communication channels amongst staff enhancing good team work
Skills & Experience
- Registered Nurse Level 1
- NMC registration and demonstrate evidence of ongoing education
- ENB course/experience relevant to specialist area desirable but not essential
- Mentorship qualification (SSAP) or equivalent
- Experience of TPN administration