Location – The London Bridge Hospital
This role is a 37.5 hours per week Monday – Sunday based on internal rotation, you will need to be flexible to work days, nights and weekends
The salary offered for this role is between £32K - £36K this will be dependent on experience + 9% enhancement + Benefits (pension, health cover, flexible benefits and excellent career development)
About the Role
As the Staff Nurse, working within our surgical unit, you will plan, deliver and evaluate high standards of nursing care for Urology, Gynaecology and Head and Neck patients alongside other general surgery specialities. You’ll demonstrate good clinical practice at all times and to be accountable for own actions and contribute to the setting of clinical standards, policy and procedures and research-based care as part of a wide multidisciplinary team.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Demonstrate good clinical practice at all times and to be accountable for own actions
- Assess, plan and deliver care to meet patient and family needs
- Undertake extended roles such as IV cannulation, phlebotomy
- Contribute to research-based care and other practice development initiative
- Contribute to the setting of clinical standards, policy and procedure
- Promote good communication channels amongst staff enhancing good team work
- Maintain a safe environment for patients and staff
- Deputise for senior staff in their absence, demonstrating leadership and management
Skills & Experience
- Registered Nurse Level 1
- NMC Registration and PREP requirements
- Post-graduate experience of a broad range of surgical procedures
- Basic life support
HCA Healthcare UK – The World’s largest private healthcare group; providing award winning primary, acute and complex care.
Rated as 'outstanding' by the CQC, the London Bridge Hospital campus in South East London encompasses an outpatients and diagnostic centre in The Shard; the large world-class hospital based at the Tooley Street site; Private Care at Guys, which is on the top four floors of Guys Hospital Cancer Centre; and outpatient and diagnostic centres across the City, Canary Wharf and Kent.
With 160 beds, 22 ICU beds and 10 operating theatres we offer our patients exceptional treatment across a multitude of acute and complex care and have use of the latest technologies and healthcare innovations