London – The Harley Street Clinic
Job - Senior 1 Mammographer
Location - Harley Street Clinic, London The role will be based across Harley Street with three days dedicated to the Breast Unit)
Contract Type - Permanent, full time hours 37.5hrs
Salary Range - Competitive dependent upon skills and experience). This is equivalent to a band 6/7 NHS position.
Other Info: We will be able to sponsor VISA's for applicants coming from the EU and outside the EU.
We have an exciting vacancy to join our team as a Senior 1 Mammographer
to join our team at the Harley Street Clinic.
Reward & recognition – We reward your commitment in delivering the highest standard of care with generous and competitive benefits such as our contribution pension scheme, private medical insurance, annual salary review, 25 days holiday each year; with the option to buy and sell. We invest in your career development with clear career pathways and access to further education. We can also offer you support with relocation if you are living outside of London or the UK; subject to terms and conditions.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Certified in mammography and will be expected to participate in all areas of breast/women’s health imaging, to include DEXA scanning, Tomosynthesis, Ultrasound and administration duties in accordance with business need of the unit.
- Be up to date with current issues relating to breast screening and breast care and relevant policy development and have a reasonable awareness of other issues related to women’s health
- Participate in screening and assessment procedures and symptomatic clinics/lists
- Perform more specialised mammographic examinations in assessment and symptomatic clinics
- Undertake and document required QA testing on highly specialised digital stereo and VAB equipment and take appropriate remedial action as necessary
- Use highly specialised and complex digital equipment to assist in the performance of breast core biopsies, tissue marker insertions and wire guided examinations.
- Be proficient in at least one other modality of radiology
- The role will be based across Harley Street with three days dedicated to the Breast Unit
- Assess a referral or request form, and justify it under radiographic regulations and locally agreed protocols
Skills & Experience
About The Facility
HCA Healthcare UK – The World’s largest private hospital group; providing award winning acute and complex care.
The Harley Street Clinic/LOC, we provide a range of complex care services for patients, specialising in oncology, neuro, cardiology and a range of complex surgery for adult patients. We pride ourselves in providing comprehensive patient centred care and support throughout the patient journey, from initial diagnosis through to treatment and discharge.
If you wish to find out more about this opportunity, please apply for this role and a member of the team will be in contact shortly.