London – The Lister Hospital
Job - Resident Doctor (RD) – Generalist
Location – The Lister Hospital, London
Contract Type - Full time (FTE) or less than full time (LTFT) with a range of flexible shifts. Option to join our staff bank for extra shifts. Rotas allow for adaptable part-time contractual commitments. Shifts are 12 or 24-hour and can be arranged to be block booked if required to fit around outside commitments.
Salary – Competitive (dependent on skillset & years of experience)
By caring for our employees, we empower them to provide exceptional care for our patients. That’s why we offer a host of benefits that reflect the invaluable contribution they make every day.
- 25 days holiday each year (excluding bank holidays)
- Health Benefits; Private healthcare, private GP and dental insurance for you and your family
- Protection: Critical illness cover and Life assurance for you and your spouse, personal accident insurance, travel insurance and will writing
- Private pension contribution and free pension advice
- Lifestyle: Cycle to work scheme, gymflex plus other discounts
- Annual pay review
At HCA we are open to international candidates, with GMC registration and licence to practise in the UK.
HCA can support with immigration, Certificates of sponsorship, Tier 2 Visa’s processed through our immigration’s specialists and temporary accommodation support for your arrival.
About the role
Resident Doctors at HCA UK are required to work independently within their skill set to review and treat a wide spectrum of inpatients with short and long-term, complex conditions, as well as formulate plans under the supervision of the Consultant in Charge or a leading Professor.
- Play an integral part and to work collaboratively with specialist consultants, nursing professionals and members of the multidisciplinary team to provide 24-7 excellent patient care, maintain a high standard of work and uphold the professional image of HCA Healthcare UK.
- Carry out a comprehensive handover from outgoing Resident doctor to incoming Resident doctor at each shift change and to maintain a high standard of accurate documentation on electronic patient records and any paper notes.
- Day to day medical care of inpatients- admissions and discharges and assessing referrals from ward Resident doctors.
- Provide escort for transfer of ventilated patients in the hospital (e.g., to CT or MRI scanner) and occasionally inter-hospital/external transfers.
- Carry a bleep/ DECT phone which is part of the cardiac arrest team and always be available to provide airway management and team leadership as part of the hospital emergency response team.
Skills and experience
Completion of Foundation training and ideally at least 2 further year of general medicine experience.
General Medicine patient experience within in-patient settings
MRCP or equivalent
Career Progression and Opportunities for development
- Core staff have an allocated study budget, for courses relevant to speciality.
- HCA has a comprehensive Learning Academy where you can enrol on courses.
- HCA offer grants and sponsorship for research and opportunities to develop leadership skills with the ‘Executive Master’s in Medical Leadership’ with Bayes Business school
- The opportunity to work closely with consultants to produce papers or research
- Personal development
About the facility