** Internal applicants only **
An exciting opportunity has come up for an internal HCA candidate to join the corporate team, leading on our strategic clinical projects and working closely with the Chief Medical Officer (CMO) and Chief Nursing Executive (CNE).
This is for a fixed period - either fixed term contract or approved secondment.
There is an opportunity to provide maternity cover for the ‘Head of Clinical Planning and Strategy’ position. You will be a core member of the ‘Clinical Operations Group’ (COG) team and will report into the CMO and CNE. You will be working in a busy, changing environment and will need to be organised as well as being able to prioritise and manage competing demands.
We are looking for someone who:
- has the ability and experience to lead clinical projects
- is able to work and engage with a wide-range of stakeholders both internally and externally
- is passionate about improving clinical quality, ideally with a background knowledge and experience in quality improvement projects
- is confident presenting to senior stakeholders and in creating presentations specific and suitable for their target audiences
- is highly organised and responsive whilst having the ability to flex and prioritise in a busy environment with competing demands
- is a self-starter, able to take initiative
Examples of key work areas:
- Working closely with the ‘COG’ team you will be heavily involved in a division-wide project to roll-out a new, digital PROMS solution across all sites and multiple specialties. This project is trail-blazing in the sector and will involve a range of stakeholders including our corporate teams, regulators, insurers, consultants and nursing teams
- With the wider team, agree the strategic direction of the corporate COG team including leading on the publication of our annual report toward the end of the year
- Working with clinical leaders and our external advisors lead on coordinating all elements of the corporate COVID-19 response. This includes chairing our weekly ‘pandemic control team’ meeting, working closely with our communication teams and translating latest guidance into clear, actionable information for our clinical teams
- Working with the EPMO (Executive Project Management Office) to support the CMO and CNE in their lead roles for the strategic pillar, ‘Prove our Value’.
- Working closely with our third party providers, our business intelligence teams and clinical analytics teams you will lead on HCA UKs approach to capturing our patients experiences and translating this feedback into actionable reports that support sites in their improvement projects
- Jointly with our HR leaders and facility CNOs you will coordinate progress against the ‘5 point plan’ (to improve recruitment and retention in nursing), feeding the outputs of this work into a format for HCA US executives.
You will be joining a supportive team who work closely together to improve our clinical services across the UK division. We have a shared passion for improving our patients as well as our staffs experiences of HCA UK. The post-holder will be well supported as they transition into this role so that they can both deliver, gain extensive experience in the area and enjoy this unique opportunity.
We are open to a range of flexible working options including a job sharing arrangement. If you are interested please contact Helen Wark (firstname.lastname@example.org) in the first instance.
-secondments will need to be pre-approved-