London – Chiswick Outpatient Centre
Staff Nurse – Interventional Radiology
Location – The Lister Hospital, Chelsea Bridge Rd, London SW1W 8RH,
The successful applicant will need to be flexible to rotate across our 3 sites within Radiology - Chelsea Outpatient Centre (SW3 5AW), Chiswick Medical Centre (W4 4HS) and 102 Sydney St (SW3 6NR)
This role is a Full Time position (37.5 hours per week) Monday – Friday covering the hours of 8am – 8pm (5 x 7.5 hour days) with additional evening and weekend on-call
The salary for this role is very competitive + Benefits (pension, health cover, flexible benefits and excellent career development)
About the Role
As the Staff Nurse within the Imaging department, you will report to the Imaging Sister and will provide a customer focused high-quality nursing service to our patients and service users.
The Staff Nurse will strive for and maintain the best standard of clinical standards and efficiency for our users at all times. The role will require rotation throughout all the imaging modalities (Interventional Radiology, CT, Ultrasound, MRI and Core Services) and throughout all the imaging sites within that come under The Lister Hospital
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Provide a professional standard of excellence in nursing services for all patients.
- Become competent in all areas of Imaging Nursing, including assisting in Interventional Radiology cases, biopsies, imaging guided drainages and therapeutic procedures.
- Share clinical knowledge with multi-disciplinary colleagues both formally (through CPD sessions/clinical competency forms) and informally (ad hoc teaching/training opportunities).
- Participate in regular mandatory training relating to Safeguarding Vulnerable adults and children, ensuring compliance in escalation of any safeguarding concerns.
- Assist bookings clerks and Radiographers in the booking of immediate appointments.
- Form an effective working relationship with Consultants, medical, Radiographic and administrative staff within the Department and the hospital as a whole.
Skills & Experience:
- Active and unrestricted NMC pin
- Post-graduate experience within Nursing
- Have a portfolio of relevant CPD
- Interventional Radiology experience not necessary but an eagerness to specialise in IR important
HCA Healthcare UK – The World’s largest private healthcare group; providing award winning primary, acute and complex care.
The Lister Hospital and its outpatient centres are in the heart of Chelsea and have consistently provided care and treatment in London for over 30 years. We offer access to leading consultants from London's top teaching hospitals and contemporary treatment, with several highly specialised units including fertility, breast, gynaecology, orthopaedics and gastroenterology as well as cardiology.
With 57 beds across three floors, we offer a specialised service, bespoke to our patient’s needs. Our six-bed critical care unit provides dedicated specialised care to seriously ill patients with a range of surgical or medical conditions.