London – The Wellington Hospital
Resident Doctor – Oncology
Location – The Wellington Hospital
Contract Type - Full time (FTE) or less than full time (LTFT) with a range of flexible shifts. Option to join our staff bank for extra shifts. Rotas allow for adaptable part-time contractual commitments. Shifts are 12 or 24-hour and can be arranged to be block booked if required to fit around outside commitments.
Salary – Competitive (dependent on skillset & years of experience)
About the role
We are actively seeking to recruit an experienced Resident doctors who are senior SHO/Registrar Levels doctors to be part of the Oncology Resident Doctor Medical Team at The Wellington Hospital.
Resident Doctors in Oncology at HCA UK are required to work independently within their skill set to review and treat a wide spectrum of inpatients and out-patients with short and long-term, complex conditions, as well as formulate plans under the supervision of the Consultant in Charge or a leading Professor.
Clinical Duties and Responsibilities
This role is to cover; Oncology inpatient/out-patient wards. and will cover a range of complex case patients.
- You will fully assist the consultants and specialist nursing staff to ensure a high standard of patient care is delivered, to ensure that any changes to the medical management plan for a patient, as agreed with their named consultant, are communicated immediately to the nurse in charge and relevant members of the multidisciplinary team.
- Supporting new admissions to the unit as soon as is reasonably possible, Clerking patients and new drug chart and inform the named consultant of the patient’s arrival.
- To accompany consultants on ward rounds of their patients, at their request.
- To perform routine basic clinical skills for inpatients as required, i.e. venepuncture, drawing blood cultures, peripheral IV cannulation, arterial and venous blood gas sampling, tube insertions and urethral catheter insertion, and support nursing staff undergoing training to develop and perform these clinical skills independently.
- You will have the opportunity to take part in audits, education of the MDT, education and training to continuously improve and strive for excellence, for staff and patients.
- Responsible for consenting patients for procedures and treatments.
What we look for in a Resident Doctor in Oncology:
- MBBS medical qualification
- An additional post-graduate qualification FRCA/ FICM/ MRCEM/MRCP or equivalent is desirable
- Doctors must be the equivalent level of ST3 and/or above
- Fully registered with the GMC and current licence to practice.
- Post holder must hold current ALS certificate
- Good inter-personal skills with an ability to work co-operatively in a multidisciplinary setting
- Ability to work effectively within a team environment & on own initiative.
- NHS training programme in general medicine/Oncology
- Medicine/Oncology patient experience within in-patient/outpatient settings is desirable
Career Progression and Opportunities for development
- Core staff have an allocated £1000 study budget, for courses relevant to speciality.
- HCA has a comprehensive Learning Academy where you can enrol for courses.
- HCA offer grants and sponsorship for research (MD, PhD) and opportunities to develop leadership skills
with the ‘Executive Master’s in Medical Leadership’ with Bayes Business School
- The role allows to work closely with the best consultants from top NHS Teaching Hospitals,
with opportunities to produce research papers and enhance personal development.
By caring for our employees, we empower them to provide exceptional care for our patients. That is why we offer a host of benefits that reflect the invaluable contribution they make every day.
- 25 days holiday each year (excluding bank holidays)
- Health Benefits; Private healthcare, private GP and dental insurance for you and your family
- Protection: Critical illness cover and Life assurance for you and your spouse, personal accident insurance, travel insurance and will writing
- Private pension contribution and free pension advice
- Lifestyle: Cycle to work scheme, gymflex plus other discounts
- Annual pay review
At HCA we are open to international candidates, with GMC registration and licence to practise in the UK. HCA can support with immigration, Certificates of sponsorship, Tier 2 Visa’s processed through our immigration’s specialists and temporary accommodation support for your arrival.
About the Facility
The Wellington Hospital in St John's Wood, London is the largest private hospital in the UK.
Over the last four decades it has gained an international reputation for excellence in complex healthcare and treats patients from the UK and overseas. We bring together world-leading specialists who are challenging medicine, developing new techniques and setting standards for healthcare in their field of medicine. The Wellington hospital offers premium services in key areas of healthcare, including: oncology, neurosurgery, spinal surgery, cardiac care, orthopaedics, acute neurological rehabilitation and gynaecology.