London – The Portland Hospital
Location: The Portland Hospital for Women & Children -Great Portland Street, London
Hours: Full time 37.5 hrs pw and Part time hours available (shifts: Long days/nights/Weekends)
Salary: Band 6 competitive dependent on skills & Experience + Benefits (pension, health cover, flexible benefits and excellent career development)
Due to increase in service we have vacancies available for staff Midwives @ The Portland Hospital
As the Staff Midwife, you will be responsible and accountable for the provision of high quality care within the maternity setting. You will work within the midwifery team to provide antenatal, intranatal and postnatal care to all women during their in-patient stay and work alongside Obstetric Consultants colleagues to support Consultant Led Care within the maternity service.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Demonstrate good clinical practice at all times in the provision of antenatal, intranatal and postnatal care
- Provide midwifery advice to support and facilitate high quality, individualised care to women and their families without supervision, in collaboration with the multi-disciplinary team
- Work with the ward sister in the management of the clinical area. This will involve dealing with complex situations and having to take appropriate action in emergency or unforeseen situations
- Provide care throughout the maternity unit as required to meet the needs of service
- Establish effective communication and working relationships with both internal and external customers and health care professionals
- Work autonomously within guidelines and the sphere of professional practice
Skills & Experience:
- Demonstrable knowledge and experience in a Midwifery setting.
- NMC Registered Midwife (Band 6)
- Basic Adult and Newborn Life Support
- Teaching and mentoring experience
- Competent at cannulation
HCA Healthcare UK – The World’s largest private healthcare group; providing award winning primary, acute and complex care.
As the only fully private maternity hospital in the UK, delivering over 1,600 babies a year, we place great importance on providing safe and high quality care for expectant mothers. Both consultant-led and midwife-led maternity care is available, and our aim is to provide you with all the support you need during pregnancy, childbirth and beyond. Women’s health issues are treated by a team of 40 consultants, supported by nurses, physiotherapists and counsellors, with an emphasis on privacy and dignity.
If you wish to find out more about this opportunity, please apply for this role and a member of the team will be in contact shortly.