London – The Princess Grace Hospital
Staff Nurse - Endoscopy
Location – The Princess Grace Hospital, 42-52 Nottingham Pl, Marylebone, London W1U 5NY
This role is a 37.5 hours per week Monday – Friday. Flexible working hours is available.
The salary for this role is between £33K - £36K dependent on experience + Benefits (pension, health cover, flexible benefits and excellent career development)
About the Role
As a Staff Nurse you will work as part of the Endoscopy team to provide effective, research-based care, taking responsibility for the assessment, planning implementation and delivery of high-quality programmes of patient care and being responsible for running procedure lists and be included in the on-call support service to the Endoscopy Unit.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Rotational participation in Endoscopy on Call Rota.
- Take appropriate action when absence occurs or is expected.
- Conduct continuous supervision and revision of staff resources in an effective and cost-efficient way
- Provide appropriate support and advice, utilising members of the MDT as required.
- Assisting Consultant with the various Endoscopic procedures,
- Record, monitor and interpret patient’s vital signs.
- Report to nurse in charge appropriately when required.
- Attend Adult Basic Life Support/ILS training
Skills & Experience:
- NMC Registration
- ENB course/experience in Endoscopy
- Knowledge of relevant hospital policies and procedures
- Health and Safety training
- Excellent verbal and written English communication skills
- Demonstrable experience in working in a busy, changing environment
- Lifting and Handling