London – The Portland Hospital
Staff Nurse - Gynaecology Surgical Ward
Location: The Portland Hospital, 205-209 Great Portland St, London W1W 5AH
Working hours 37.5 per week (long days/nights/weekends rotational shifts)
Competitive salary (dependent on experience) plus shift enhancement & Benefits (pension, health cover, flexible benefits and excellent career development)
As a Staff Nurse in the Gynaecology Inpatient ward you will be working to assess, plan, deliver and evaluate high standards of nursing care. You will work within a team, supervising and directing junior staff and deputising for Senior Staff Nurse and Sister in their absence.
To be willing to provide care to women undergoing surgical or medical termination of pregnancy, including direct involvement with induction of the procedure.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- To demonstrate good clinical practice at all times and to be accountable for own actions
- Assess, plan and deliver care to meet patient and family needs
- Undertake extended roles such as IV cannulation, phlebotomy
- Contribute to research-based care and other practice development initiatives
- Contribute to the setting of clinical standards, policy and procedure
- Promote good communication channels amongst staff enhancing good team work
- To maintain a safe environment for patients and staff
- To deputise for senior staff in their absence, demonstrating leadership and management
- Supervise and direct junior staff, promoting a learning environment
- Respect and ensure patients privacy and confidentiality
- Ensure all patient charges are captured
- Chaperoning and assisting medical staff
- Check and report faulty equipment
- Fully document all aspects of patient care and maintain accurate records
- Provide patients and families with information regarding care and management of their condition
- Maintain stock levels of supplies/equipment
- To carry out nursing duties as requested by senior staff
Skills & Experience:
- Registered Nurse Level 1
- NMC Registration and PREP requirements
- Course/experience relevant to specialist area desirable
- Phlebotomy and training desirable
- Flexibility to respond to the needs of the department
HCA Healthcare UK – The World’s largest private healthcare group; providing award winning primary, acute and complex care.
The Portland Hospital is the only private hospital in the UK dedicated to the healthcare of women and children. We're the UK's largest private children's hospital with over 46 paediatric beds including a 10-bed intensive care unit, a neonatal intensive care unit, and a day-case unit. Caring for over 40,000 children a year, we provide treatment for everything from general paediatric conditions to complex craniofacial reconstruction. We have over 175 paediatric consultants available to treat children from new-born up to the age of 18.