London – The Portland Hospital
This is your opportunity to become a vital part of the UK’s largest private healthcare provider, specialists in complex care.
Location: The Portland Hospital
Contract: Fixed-term contract & full time - varied shifts between a mix of early shifts (7:30-15:30) or late shifts (12:00-20:00) or long days (07:30-20:00)
Salary: £23,000-£25,000 per annum dependent on skills & experience
Employment Package: We will look after you with private healthcare insurance for you and your family, contributory pension scheme and a vast range of additional rewards.
Being part of a large, multisite, and established healthcare group, we can offer career progression, development and support to grow internally, in addition to funded courses.
About the Role
We have an exciting opportunity for a Patient Access Officer. As a Patient Access Officer, you will play a vital role in delivering a high-quality service to patients.
Your duties as a Patient Access Officer will include providing a comprehensive range of administrative services to patients, consultants and other third parties that will assist in promoting the successful management of all aspects needed to facilitate a seamless patient pathway.
Duties include but are not limited to:
- Ensuring that all patients meet the HCA criteria to enable successful and full financial settlement relating to all patient visits.
- Formally registering pre–admit and admit all patients and guarantee 100% accuracy when requesting and transferring information to HCA database.
- Managing and maintaining the patients record for the duration of their visit
- Keeping all parties fully informed of any deviation to patient journey
- Responding promptly to any patient/third party requests
- Managing cash transactions and the provision of appropriate receipts
- Coordinating and facilitating Radiology, Cardiology, Physiotherapy and other outpatient bookings including consultation appointments for Consultants on CWS.
Ideally we are looking for someone with:
- Previous Administrative experience is essential, ideally private
- Computer literacy
- Good general level of education
- Excellent spoken and written English
- Knowledge of relevant hospital policies and procedures
- Excellent communication skills
If you would like to join HCA Healthcare UK as a Patient Access Officer and be part of an organisation shaping a healthier tomorrow, we invite you to apply.
Our application process is quick and easy, completing a 2-minute questionnaire and a portal access where you can upload your CV and track your application progress.