London – Roodlane Medical - Client Site
Location Corporate client site, central London
Salary Competitive + benefits (pension/health cover/flexible benefits/career development)
Hours 37.5 hours per week
By caring for our employees, we empower them to provide exceptional care for our patients. That is why we offer a host of benefits that reflect the invaluable contribution they make every day.
- 25 days holiday each year (excluding bank holidays)
- Health Benefits; Private healthcare, private GP and dental insurance for you and your family
- Protection: Critical illness cover and Life assurance for you and your spouse, personal accident insurance, travel insurance and will writing
- Private pension contribution and free pension advice
- Lifestyle: Cycle to work scheme, gymflex plus other discounts
- Annual pay review
About the Role
We are seeking a Practice Nurse to assist with the organisation and co-ordination of the provision of nursing services for HCA Primary Care. As a Practice Nurse you will provide patients with travel vaccination appointments, health screens, procedures such as ear irrigation, resting ECG, phlebotomy, minor illness and injury management, cervical cytology, and Covid testing. This role is based within one of our large corporate clients in the City, with occasional cover required at other sites and locations across London and the UK.
Within the Health Centre you will work closely with the multi-disciplinary team consisting of GPs, Practice Nurses and administrative staff. The post will require you to fulfil usual practice duties in addition to some administrative duties.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Work closely with GPs and nursing colleagues
- Follow company policies, procedures and protocols and keep up to date with quality systems, standards and guidelines, help to develop and implement new policies and protocols
- Undertake annual flu vaccination clinics
- Undertake travel consultations and prepare travel itinerary for patients
- Provide a minor treatment service to employees for sickness or injury at work, including wound dressings and advice and administration of prescribed drugs in accordance with PGD’s and competencies e.g. travel health
- Manage own work load within broad guidelines according to demands of the service
- Registered General Nurse – or equivalent (part 1 of NMC Register)
- 3-5 years post registration experience
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and organisational skills
- Experience of working in Primary care
- Minor illness assessment, Travel health, Cervical Smears, Ear irrigation
HCA Healthcare UK has over 50 years of creating a healthier tomorrow. We believe that our continuous success is underpinned by providing an environment where our primary care service team, are able to deliver their best work to the highest of standards.