London – The Portland Hospital
Resident Doctor – Associate Specialist in Paediatrics
Location – The Portland Hospital, London
Contract Type - Full time (FTE) or less than full time (LTFT) with a range of flexible shifts. Option to join our staff bank for extra shifts. Rotas allow for adaptable part-time contractual commitments. Shifts are 12 or 24-hour and can be arranged to be block booked if required to fit around outside commitments.
Salary – Competitive (dependent on skillset & years of experience)
By caring for our employees, we empower them to provide exceptional care for our patients. That’s why we offer a host of benefits that reflect the invaluable contribution they make every day.
- 25 days holiday each year (excluding bank holidays)
- Health Benefits; Private healthcare, private GP and dental insurance for you and your family
- Protection: Critical illness cover and Life assurance for you and your spouse, personal accident insurance, travel insurance and will writing
- Private pension contribution and free pension advice
- Lifestyle: Cycle to work scheme, gymflex plus other discounts
- Annual pay review
About the role
We are recruiting for Associate specialist Resident doctor (post CCT) in Paediatrics.
Resident Doctors at HCA UK are required to be involved in Registrar level clinical duties and will play a vital role in managing the medical care of all children attending working closely with Consultants and other clinical teams to ensure that patients’ treatment and care needs are met.
- Involved in several areas of child health medical care supporting leading consultants in care pathways on a wide spectrum of complexity.
- This will also include, updating patient records, completing drug charts, clerking admissions, undertaking certain medical procedures as required such as; venepuncture, setting up an intravenous infusion, inserting a urinary catheter, arterial blood sampling, or ECGs
- You will also take part in ward audits, education, training and research to continuously improve and strive for excellence. You will be a contributor to the governance processes including MDT and M&M meetings and presentations.
Skills and experience
MBBS or equivalent medical qualification
GMC Registration with Licence to Practice
Successful completion of MRCPCH Part 1 A and B or equivalent
Safeguard Children level 3 qualified
MRCP or equivalent
Career Progression and Opportunities for development
- Core staff have an allocated study budget, for courses relevant to speciality.
- HCA has a comprehensive Learning Academy where you can enrol on courses.
- HCA offer grants and sponsorship for research and opportunities to develop leadership skills with the ‘Executive Master’s in Medical Leadership’ with Bayes Business school
- The opportunity to work closely with ICU consultants to produce papers or research
- Personal development
About HCA Paediatrics