London – The Wellington Hospital
Staff Nurse – Surgical Ward
Location – The Wellington Hospital (NW8 9LE)
This role is a 37.5 hours per week Monday – Sunday based on internal rotation and will be required to work, long days, nights and weekends.
Competitive basic salary with shift enhancements & Benefits (Pension, private health cover, flexible benefits and excellent career development)
About the Role
As the Staff Nurse, working within our surgical unit, you will plan, deliver and evaluate high standards of nursing care whilst working within a multidisciplinary team, supervising and directing junior staff and also temporary staff. You’ll demonstrate good clinical practice at all times and to be accountable for own actions and contribute to the setting of clinical standards, policy and procedures and research-based care and other practice development initiatives.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Demonstrate good clinical practice at all times and to be accountable for own actions
- Assess, plan and deliver care to meet patient and family needs
- Undertake extended roles such as IV cannulation, phlebotomy
- Contribute to research based care and other practice development initiatives
- Contribute to the setting of clinical standards, policy and procedure
- Promote good communication channels amongst staff enhancing good team work
- Maintain a safe environment for patients and staff
- Deputise for senior staff in their absence, demonstrating leadership and management
Skills & Experience
- Registered Nurse Level 1
- NMC Registration and PREP requirements
- Post-graduate experience of a broad range of surgical procedures
- Basic life support
HCA Healthcare UK – The World’s largest private hospital group; providing award winning acute and complex care.
The Wellington Hospital has over four decades of expertise; providing the highest level of care for patients who are looking for the best treatment in key areas of healthcare, including: neurosurgery, spinal surgery, cardiac care, orthopaedics, acute neurological rehabilitation, gynaecology and cancer care.