London – The Wellington Hospital
Healthcare Assistant – Neuro Rehabilitation Ward
The Wellington Hospital, 8A Wellington Place, London NW8 9LE
Full Time, 37.5 hours per week. Days, Nights & Weekend rotation. Flexibility required.
Competitive basic salary dependent on experience plus shift enhancement and Benefits (pension, health cover, flexible benefits and excellent career development)
As the Healthcare Assistant under the direction of the registered nurse, you will carry out observations, investigations and basic treatments as required. You will also oversee chaperoning of patients and assisting medical staff with day to day duties.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Greet patients, visitors, consultants and staff in a professional and welcoming manner.
- Assist with patient care requirements under the supervision of a registered nurse. Assess patient’s condition through basic measurements.
- Maintain stock control and careful use of equipment
- Ensuring patient comfort, dignity and privacy are maintained at all times and are specific to the patients’ needs.
- Chaperoning patients and required equipment as necessary for appointments and clinic.
- Ensure strict confidentiality is applied to all clients and staff, ensuring need to know basis is applied at all times.
- Communicate care to patients, their family and/or carers using appropriate language and rationale
- Assists the registered nurse with appropriate clinical documentation
- Reports any concerns to the trained nurse in charge of the patient
- Decontamination of instruments and clinical equipment
Skills & Experience
- Phlebotomy – Desirable
- Previous Healthcare Assistant experience within a hospital setting is essential
- NVQ in Health and Social Care is desirable
HCA Healthcare UK – The World’s largest private healthcare group; providing award winning primary, acute and complex care.
The Wellington Hospital has over four decades of expertise; providing the highest level of care for patients who are looking for the best treatment in key areas of healthcare, including: neurosurgery, spinal surgery, cardiac care, orthopaedics, acute neurological rehabilitation, gynaecology and cancer care.
In our 50-bed Acute Neurological Rehabilitation Unit we care for patients with a wide range of complex neurological conditions. And we're supported by the UK’s largest private intensive care unit. We also offer the latest cancer and robotic surgery treatments, including electrochemotherapy, HIPEC and the da Vinci Robot. Having the largest neurosciences unit in London means we're able to carry out advanced spinal surgery, intracranial and peripheral nerve surgery as well as pioneering neurosurgery.