London – The Princess Grace Hospital
Clinical Fellow in Orthopaedics
Location: The London Hip Unit, London
Employer: HCA Healthcare UK
Contract Type: 1 year Fixed-term contract
Salary: 60K per annum
Summary of Role
You will be assisting the consultant in theatres and outpatient clinics. You will be conducting research, maintaining database and all aspects of patient care pre and post op. And also assisting with patient queries and concerns
Duties & Responsibilities
- To develop and maintain close working relationships with consultants, nursing and other staff in the hospital.
- To provide medical cover, routine and emergency during hours of duty and to act, as may be reasonably required, on instructions given by the consultants regarding patients’ management.
- To undertake a daily ward round with a member of the nursing staff ensuring patients are visited where appropriate.
- To assess patients and manage any emergency as may arise with the guidance of the consultant in charge.
To apply for this role, you will need:
- MBBS or equivalent medical qualification
- GMC registration and license to practice
- 24 months post graduate experience in the specialty area
- Experience and/or interest in the following sub-specialities: hip arthroplasty, revision hip arthroplasty, hip resurfacing
About The London Hip Unit
The London Hip Unit has a worldwide reputation for excellence as one of the UK's only dedicated private facilities for the specialist treatment and care of adults with hip problems. All surgery at The London Hip Unit is carried out by Miss Sarah Muirhead-Allwood BSc FRCS, one of the world's leading hip surgeons and Angus Lewis.Miss Muirhead-Allwood is particularly renowned for her expertise in complex and revision hip replacements, hip resurfacing and in minimally invasive procedures, and is one of only a handful of UK surgeons to offer this approach