London – Roodlane Medical
Occupational Health Advisor (OHA)
Salaried, Working hours 37.5 per week Monday – Friday, (remote working).
£Competitive + Incentives + great benefits
4 or more sessions per week
We have been the market leader in corporate healthcare and health-screening for over 30 years and as our services evolve, so do our teams. As an OHA with HCA UK you will be given all the time and tools you need to deliver exceptional standards of care in an environment that focusses on clinical excellence while also prioritising a healthy work life balance for our people.
We are seeking an OH Advisor to assist in the coordination and delivery of the Occupational Health (OH) services for the client. The post holder will be working closely with a Senior Occupational Health Advisor and will be responsible for providing pre-placement medical reviews, triage and case management.
Working for HCA UK, you will be working with a skilled and experienced multi-disciplinary team, in a supportive and professional environment with opportunities for personal learning and development.
What you will do:
- Home working, but supporting the SOHA in the North Western based office in the delivery of a high quality, proactive OH Service and provide a source of OH expertise to the client.
- Ensure that service delivery is both efficient and effective, as well as delivering core activities within agreed target times and to required and agreed client employer standards.
- Carrying out all aspects of sickness absence case management including mental health issues and fitness for work assessments by telephone. Also dealing with urgent situations when needed.
- Enable effective joint working between the OH team and the clients HR Teams.
- Advise the client in the implementation of policies and procedures to achieve compliance with the medical aspects of H&S legislation.
- Work with the clients HR team in implementing policy and practice and maintain a strong working relationship between OH and HR.
What we look for in a GP:
- Registered General Nurse – or equivalent (part 1 of NMC Register).
- Registered on part 3 of NMC Register (Occupational Health desirable)
- Educated to at least degree level (desirable)
- Demonstrable OH experience required; in a multi-disciplinary organization in either the public or private sector (experience within the healthcare and corporate sectors advantageous).
- Competent in all aspects of sickness absence case management including mental health issues and fitness for work assessments.
- Knowledge of the principles, tools, techniques and developments in OH sector.
- Knowledge & experience of clinical governance within an OH setting.
About the individual:
An excellent communicator with strong verbal and written skills, you will be a team player with the ability to use your own initiative.
Why HCA UK?
HCA Healthcare UK has over 50 years of creating a healthier tomorrow. We believe that our continuous success is underpinned by providing an environment where our healthcare professionals, are able to deliver their best work to the highest of standards. Being part of a large, multisite, and established healthcare group, we can offer career progression, support to grow internally through funded courses.
We believe that by caring for our employees, we empower them to provide exceptional care for our patients. That is why we offer a host of flexible benefits that reflect the invaluable contribution they make every day. Some of which include:
- 25 days holiday each year (excluding bank holidays) with option to buy/sell
- Private healthcare and dental insurance for you and your family
- Critical illness cover and Life insurance
- Private pension contribution
- Full medical indemnity
- Supported study leave of up to 5 day
- Additional incentives for health screening, out of hours, evening and weekend rates.
For further information and details, please contact Bash.email@example.com