Cheshire – The Wilmslow Hospital
Junior Sister/ Charge Nurse - Outpatients
Location –The Wilmslow Hospital
This is a full-time role working 37.5hrs per week Monday – Saturday working shifts to cover 730am – 8.30pm.
This role offers a competitive salary, this will be dependent on experience + Benefits (pension, health cover, flexible benefits and excellent career development)
About the Role
As a Junior Sister/ Charge Nurse for our Outpatient Department you will provide effective leadership, expertise, advice and support to the team, carrying continuous responsibility for the management of the unit, making effective use of resources and ensuring the highest standards of care to patients and families are achieved. The Junior Sister / Charge Nurse will facilitate the provision of a co-ordinated, safe and well-led outpatient service.
The Outpatient Department at The Wilmslow Hospital is a very fast paced department, covering a variety of specialities such as orthopaedics, cardiology, gynaecology, dermatology, ophthalmology and sports medicine.
The department has ten consulting rooms, including a cardiac suite with the latest technology for cardiac diagnostics. There is also a minor procedure room which supports urological, gynaecological and dermatological investigations and diagnostics.
The Outpatient Department also has a dedicated Pre-operative assessment team which specialises in co-ordinating the patient journey from the Pre-assessment to surgical admission.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Make efficient use of available resources, within budgetary constraints, to meet business objectives
- Prioritise workloads and direct staff accordingly
- Demonstrate and role model outstanding clinical practice at all times
- Develop and coach team members to ensure consistently high standards of care are met
- Regularly deputise for another departmental Sister when required
- Evaluate the work of the team and ensure standards are met
Skills & Experience
- NMC Registered Nurse
- Strong experience in Outpatient setting
- Evidence of further education including post-graduate certification/diploma/Continuous Professional development
- Management skills and Leadership or management training
- Basic Life Support
- Mentorship / Preceptorship of junior staff
- Demonstrable experience of managing budgets
HCA Healthcare UK – The World’s largest private hospital group; providing award winning acute and complex care.