London – The Wellington Hospital
Job - Resident Doctor – Neurorehabilitation
Location – The Wellington Hospital, London
Contract Type - 2-year contract – full-time or part-time with a range of flexible shifts (12hrs or 24hrs, weekdays or weekends). You can also join our bank, for extra shifts.
Salary – Competitive + Benefits
About the role
Resident Doctors at HCA UK are required to work independently within their skill set to review and treat a wide spectrum of hospital patients with short and long-term conditions, as well as formulate treatment plans under the supervision of the Consultant in Charge or a leading Professor.
Clinical Duties and Responsibilities
- Day to day medical care of inpatients- clerking admissions, reviewing discharges, assessing referrals
- Daily patient ward rounds, responding to ad-hoc medical needs, and emergencies
- Providing an urgent medical attention to staff and visitors until the person is admitted under a consultant or transferred to an NHS facility.
- Providing high standard of accurate documentation on electronic records or paper notes.
- Assuring comprehensive handover and effective communication with all healthcare professionals
- Being an integral part of multidisciplinary Team of Consultants, Nurses, and Allied Health Professionals
- Maintaining a high standard of work to uphold the professional image of HCA Healthcare UK
- GMC registration and licence to practice in the UK
- Completion of Foundation training or equivalent and at least 2 further years of practice.
- medicine/Neurology/ Rehabilitation patient experience within in-patient/outpatient settings
- ALS trained
- FRCA/ FICM/ MRCEM/MRCP or equivalent
- NHS training programme in general medicine/Neurology/ Rehabilitation
Career Progression and Opportunities for development
- Core staff have an allocated study budget, for courses relevant to speciality.
- HCA has a comprehensive Learning Academy where you can enrol for courses.
- HCA offer grants and sponsorship for research (MD, PhD) and opportunities to develop leadership skills
with the ‘Executive Master’s in Medical Leadership’ with Bayes Business School
- The role allows to work closely with the best consultants from top NHS Teaching Hospitals,
with opportunities to produce research papers and enhance personal development.
- We will support to obtain relevant competencies for CESR route to GMC specialist registration
and working on development of GMC recognized training pathway.
By caring for our employees, we empower them to provide exceptional care for our patients. That’s why we offer a host of flexible benefits that reflect the invaluable contribution they make every day.
- 25 days holiday each year (excluding bank holidays)
- Health Benefits; Private healthcare, private GP and dental insurance for you and your family
- Protection: Critical illness cover and Life assurance for you and your spouse, personal accident insurance, travel insurance and will writing
- Private pension contribution and free pension advice
- Lifestyle: Cycle to work scheme, gymflex plus other discounts
- Annual pay review
At HCA we are open to International candidates, with GMC registration and licence to practise in the UK.
HCA can sponsor your work visa: Certificates of sponsorship, Tier 2 Visa’s processed through our immigration’s specialists plus temporary accommodation support for your arrival.
About Neurorehabilitation at HCA