Location - Hybrid Working, Central London
Contract Type - Permanent, Full time, 37.5 hours
Salary - Competitive + Benefits (pension, health cover, flexible benefits and excellent career development).
About the role
A unique and exciting opportunity has arisen for an experienced and qualified Pharmacist to join the HCA Pharmacy Supply Chain in our Corporate office. You will be responsible for the development and publication of a clinical formulary guidance for HCA with the support of the HCA Drugs & Therapeutics Committee and relevant key stakeholders. As part of the development of a formulary, you will work closely with all the pharmacy managers to guide them through the introduction and management of the formulary. This role will require you to lead on the clinical assessments for all contract implementations and provide guidance on supply disruptions as and when required.
The Lead Pharmacist will also support on the management of electronic prescribing systems (limited to critical care currently) and the set up /maintenance of IV drug libraries.
Skills and experience
- Registered Pharmacist with the General Pharmaceutical Council
- Higher degree/ Postgraduate Diploma in Clinical Pharmacy or equivalent postgraduate diploma in specialist area
- Registered Independent Prescriber
- Extensive Pharmaceutical knowledge, applied to a hospital environment-covering cardiac, surgical services
- Experience of working at a strategic level with senior clinicians
- Experience in management of a formulary
About the Facility
HCA UK are incredibly proud to be awarded ‘Private Hospital Group of the Year' 2020 at the Health Investor Awards.