Lancashire – The Christie Private Care
We are actively inviting experienced Surgical Care Practitioners to apply to HCA Healthcare UK. The World’s largest private healthcare group; providing award winning primary, acute and complex care.
We are currently offering a Golden Hello to any new applications
Location: The Christie Private Care, Greater Manchester
Contract Type: Permanent, full time, 37.5 hours
Salary range: Up to £50,000 per annum
Additional Rewards: Private healthcare, Contributory pension, health and a vast range of rewards you would associate with a leading private healthcare organisation.
The Surgical Care Practitioner will be required to support Robotic surgery within the department. This is an exciting opportunity to work within a growing new venture for Urology, Gynae and colorectal surgery.
Working alongside an elective consultant, you will support surgeons before, during, and after surgical procedures and co-ordinate the planning and management of the care of the patients from the point of referral to discharge and follow up.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- To maintain competence and fitness to practice as a Surgical Care Practitioner.
- To continue developing as a SCP in practice as part of continued professional development, in accordance with the requirements of statutory regulators (HCPC / NMC)
- You will have clinical responsibility to the consultant surgeon, with day-to-day work under the direction of the operating surgeon and as a member of the surgical care team.
- To perform scrub duties where required
Skills & Experience:
- Qualified Surgical Care Practitioner (SCP) is preferred.
- Experienced in Laparoscopy or Robotics
- Registration as a healthcare professional (e.g. nurse or ODP) with a related honours degree
- Scrub experience working in an operating theatre environment is essential
- 18 months working within a similar autonomous role is desirable
- An aptitude for clinical and operative practice
- Excellent organisational and management skills with the ability to flexibly respond to the needs of the department and the hospital
- The ability to effectively manage the clinical area on a day to day basis and plan ahead
About the Individual:
At HCA UK we recognise and value everyone as unique and individual; treat people with kindness and compassion; act with absolute honesty, integrity, and fairness and trust and treat one another as valued members of the HCA UK family. As someone looking to join our family, you will demonstrate these key values.
You will also actively participate as a member of a team to move the team towards completion of tasks, goals, and objectives; demonstrate leadership and influence others to be the best they can be and inspire our colleagues and patients; and deliver information in a clear, concise, and compelling manner to effectively engage others and achieve desired results.