Clinical Case Manager
Location: This is a Corporate role based at one of our facilities
Hours: 37.5 pw Mon-Fri (8-4 or 9-5)
Salary: 'up to' £47,000 dependent on skills & experience plus benefits (pension, health cover, flexible benefits and excellent career development)
If you are a Band 6 or above working as a bedside Medical/Surgical Nurse Or Critical Care Nurse looking for a different pathway in your career then this could be for you!
HCA Healthcare UK – World’s largest private acute and complex care hospital group with a network of the most respected and long established private hospitals.
This is a great opportunity for a Registered Nurse to join us as a Clinical Case Manager. As Clinical Case Manager, you will work closely with various healthcare professionals assessing, planning, implementing and evaluating care options and services that meet the patients’ health needs and facilitating the coordination of proactive comprehensive discharge planning activities.
You will act as a resource/liaison between patient, hospital, physician and third-party payers to optimise patients’ community treatment/services as required. You will work closely with third party payers to keep them appraised of their patients’ condition and needs; obtaining authorization for as required.
- Performs admission and concurrent review for all payers and maintains legible documentation.
- Participate in multi-disciplinary team meetings to coordinate patient’s care plan and takes a proactive role in comprehensive discharge planning
- Initiates patient/family conference with the health care team to achieve positive outcomes.
- Be accessible to all professionals to provide support and information to clinical staff on the management of patients with either simple or complex discharge planning needs.
- Liaise with patients, families and carers to facilitate informed decision making when discharge planning is complex or difficult.
- Support and facilitate case conferences involving the MDT and patients, families and carers
- Demonstrate behaviour supportive of team achieving department goals
- Initiates denial and appeal process. Track to identify issues and develop action plans for resolution
- Act in accordance with the UK Data Protection Act to protect patient privacy
- Support Case Manager team, serving as back up resource as required
- Develop and sustain good working relationships with both internal and external stakeholders - clinical and professional colleagues
- Maintains knowledge base with an awareness of current trends that influence health care practice
Skills & Experience:
- NMC Registered Nurse with substantial post graduate experience
- Experience of utilisation review and discharge planning
- Extensive bedside patient experience
- Medical/Surgical Or Critical care Experience
- Extensive knowledge of discharge planning and community resources
- Stakeholder management
- Possess ability to take initiative to work independently and within teams
- Possess excellent communication, organisation and computer skills and have a dynamic approach to problem solving.
The successful candidate will have the ability to communicate sensitively with people from all cultures and backgrounds; and will have a passion for delivering customer service and a desire to provide an exceptional patient experience. They will be proactive and highly organised as they will be adaptable and able to meet changing working patterns and caseload, working independently as well as within the team.
If you wish to find out more about this opportunity, please apply for this role and a member of the team will be in contact shortly