London – The Wellington Hospital
Healthcare Assistant – Endoscopy
Location – The Wellington Hospital / Platinum Medical Centre, 15-17 Lodge Rd, St John's Wood, London NW8 7JA
This role is a 37.5 hours per week Monday – Friday to cover the hours or 7am–6pm
Competitive salary + Benefits (pension, health cover, flexible benefits and excellent career development)
The Healthcare Assistant will assist clinical staff in providing nursing care of the highest quality to patients undergoing endoscopic procedures as and when required pre, during and post procedure.
You will assist in the decontamination rooms washing, processing and vacuum packing endoscopes and accompanying patients to other wards (Platinum Medical Centre, The Wellington North, The Wellington South, other sites)
Duties & Responsibilities
- Demonstrate ability to record, monitor and interpret patient’s vital signs.
- Report to registered nurse appropriately.
- Demonstrate the ability to perform Adult Basic Life Support
- Demonstrate ability to work in the decontamination plant.
- Emptying the dryer compressors and filling of softener salt in the RO Plant Room.
- Involve patient//family/next of kin in decision making.
- Demonstrates ability to perform advanced skills as appropriate to role in Endoscopy Procedure rooms, ITUs, Theatres, AAU and including procedures under X-ray.
- Must not administer or prepare any drugs. Can assess, admit patients under direct supervision of the nurse. Nurse takes full accountability of supervised care.
- Keeping an eye on the water quality and TVCs, bacteria levels.
- Adequate washing of trays post procedure use.
- Maintaining scope traceability at all times and correct logging of instruments in to the washers and appropriate software.
Skills & Experience
- Good verbal and non verbal communication skills
- Flexibility to respond to the needs of the department
- Good team player
- Ability to work under pressure
- Evidence of updating clinical skills/knowledge
- Evidence of professional and personal development
- Customer care skills
- Ability to prioritise work load and delegate
HCA Healthcare UK – The World’s largest private healthcare group; providing award winning primary, acute and complex care.
The Wellington Hospital has over four decades of expertise; providing the highest level of care for patients who are looking for the best treatment in key areas of healthcare, including: neurosurgery, spinal surgery, cardiac care, orthopaedics, acute neurological rehabilitation, gynaecology and cancer care.
In our 50-bed Acute Neurological Rehabilitation Unit we care for patients with a wide range of complex neurological conditions. And we're supported by the UK’s largest private intensive care unit. We also offer the latest cancer and robotic surgery treatments, including electrochemotherapy, HIPEC and the da Vinci Robot. Having the largest neurosciences unit in London means we're able to carry out advanced spinal surgery, intracranial and peripheral nerve surgery as well as pioneering neurosurgery.