London – The Princess Grace Hospital
Staff Nurse - Endoscopy
Location – The London Endoscopy Centre @ The Princess Grace Hospital, 42-52 Nottingham Pl, Marylebone, London W1U 5NY
This role is a 37.5 hours per week Monday – Friday. Flexible working hours is available.
The salary for this role is between £33K - £36K dependent on experience + Benefits (pension, health cover, flexible benefits and excellent career development)
About the Role
The Endoscopy Centre at The Princess Grace Hospital is a centre of excellence for the diagnosis and treatment of conditions of the gastrointestinal tract, lungs and bladder. Our experienced consultants and specialist nurses are dedicated to delivering the best personalised care.
We have a fantastic opportunity for a Staff Nurse to work as part of the Endoscopy team. You will provide effective, research-based care, along with taking responsibility for the assessment, planning implementation and delivery of high-quality programmes of patient care. Within this role you will be responsible for running procedure lists and be included in the on-call support service to the Endoscopy Unit.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Rotational participation in Endoscopy on Call Rota.
- Take appropriate action when absence occurs or is expected.
- Conduct continuous supervision and revision of staff resources in an effective and cost-efficient way
- Provide appropriate support and advice, utilising members of the MDT as required.
- Assisting Consultant with the various Endoscopic procedures,
- Record, monitor and interpret patient’s vital signs.
- Report to nurse in charge appropriately when required.
- Attend Adult Basic Life Support/ILS training
Skills & Experience:
- NMC Registration
- ENB course/experience in Endoscopy
- Knowledge of relevant hospital policies and procedures
- Health and Safety training
- Excellent verbal and written English communication skills
- Demonstrable experience in working in a busy, changing environment
- Lifting and Handling
HCA Healthcare UK – The World’s largest private healthcare group; providing award winning primary, acute and complex care
Situated in the heart of London's world-renowned medical district, The Princess Grace Hospital is recognised as one of the best-equipped multidisciplinary private hospitals in the capital. Our dedicated and highly trained team is committed to delivering an exemplary standard of clinical care across all specialties.
The Princess Grace Hospital has 127 registered beds, including 90 inpatient, 21 day case, 8 endoscopy, an urgent care unit and a Level 3 intensive care unit containing 9 beds, with 24-hour consultant cover and a high dependency unit. The hospital also has a several specialised centres, including; The London Breast Institute, recognised as one of the best private breast