London – Wellington Main Hospital North
Staff Nurse – Critical Care Unit
Full-Time hours, 37.5 hours a week
Wellington Hospital - North / South Wing
From £34k + 9% Shift Enhancement + Up to £3,000 (for completing ITU Course, if applicable)
Benefits: Pension, health cover, flexible benefits and excellent career development. Scroll down for more!
As a Band 5 Staff Nurse working in Adults ICU, you will assess, plan, deliver and evaluate high standards of specialist care to ensure that our patients are cared for in a safe, compassionate and comfortable environment. This will include meeting physical, psychological and spiritual needs by effectively communicating with the patient, their families and your colleagues.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Assess, plan, implement and evaluate care to meet the patient and their family’s needs
- Responsible for planning and delivering appropriate care for admissions and discharges
- Undertake extended roles such as venepuncture, cannulation and phlebotomy
- Contributing to the ongoing research-based care and other practice development initiatives
- Working with junior staff and delegating and supervising the care in a fair and equitable manner
- Recognising the signs and symptoms of a deteriorating patient and initiate early interventions in a calm and co-ordinated manner
ICU at The Wellington Hospital:
We are currently looking for qualified Nurses to join the Intensive Care Team. With our nurse to patient ratio frequently at 1:1 or 1:2, giving you the opportunity to do what you do best: Care. You will have the opportunity to work across an extremely diverse and acute patient-load covering a range of specialities, including Cardiac, Liver, Neuro & Spinal – giving you the flexibility to specialise in a specific area or keep your work varied and your skills challenged. As our units are equipped with the latest technology you have everything you need to provide specialised care to our level 2 & 3 patients.
Skills & Experience
- Registered General Nurse with NMC pin.
- Neuro, Cardiac or General ITU/HDU specific skills and experience.
- Motivated and forward-thinking individual with excellent communication skills.
- Excellent communication skills with good time management and prioritisation skills.
Your growth is fundamental to us, that’s why we heavily invest on your development so you can reach your best. Apart from the supernumerary and in-house training, we ensure that a robust career pathway with clear objectives and bespoke training modules and courses are set for by your Team Leader and the Clinical Education Team. These include, but not limited to:
- 60 credits ITU course
- Teaching and Mentorship courses
- Pathway in either Critical Care or Leadership & Management
- Critical Care Outreach exposures
- Nurse-in-charge shifts
- Specialist stand-alone modules – i.e. Liver, Cardiac, Neuro, etc.
- Leadership and Management Apprenticeships
- MSc and ACP Apprenticeships
- Great internal mobility from one of HCA hospital to another
Apart from a generous salary package, as an HCA employee you will have access to the to the following benefits:
- Medical Insurance
- Contributory Pension
- Critical Illness Cover
- Dental Insurance
- Subsidised Gymflex membership
- GP Health Assessment
- Private f2f / Digital GP services
- Option to buy / sell holidays
- Life Assurance
- Travel Insurance
- Season Ticket Loan
- Cycle to work scheme
- Portland Maternity Services
- Taste card and Gourmet Society Card
HCA Healthcare UK:
World’s largest private acute and complex care hospital group with a network of the capital’s most respected and long-established private hospitals. We are an award-winning healthcare provider with our hospitals being awarded as ‘Outstanding’ or ‘Good’ by the CQC.
For any questions, please contact email@example.com