London – The Princess Grace Hospital
HCA Healthcare are currently recruiting experienced Operating Department Practitioners to work within our Endoscopy Unit at The Princess Grace Hospital.
Contract Type; Permanent, full time, 37.5 hours
- Shift Days; Monday to Friday
- Salary range: £41,102 - £45,669
- Additional rewards; Private healthcare, Contributory pension, health and a vast range of rewards you would associate with a leading private healthcare organisation
Working as an Operating Department Practitioner you will assess, develop, implement and evaluate the care needs of patients undergoing endoscopic procedures under sedation/General anaesthetic. Be able to provide the Consultants with skilled assistance. To ensure all flexible endoscopes are processed, stored, used and tracked and checked in accordance with current regulations
Duties & Responsibilities
- To supervise and support staff in delivering appropriate patient care
- To deliver a consistently high standard of patient care utilising evidence-based practice
- To maintain an up-to-date professional portfolio
- To participate in clinical supervision and mentorship of staff
- To continue to develop professionally in chosen area of speciality
- To contribute to/conduct performance appraisal on a quarterly basis
- To contribute to the departmental business planning process
Skills & Experience
- Registered to practice in the UK (HCPC)
- Anaesthetics experience
- Experience in GI endoscopy unit
About The Facility
HCA Healthcare UK – The World’s largest private hospital group; providing award winning acute and complex care.
Situated in the heart of London's world-renowned medical district, The Princess Grace Hospital is recognised as one of the best-equipped multidisciplinary private hospitals in the capital. Our dedicated and highly trained team is committed to delivering an exemplary standard of clinical care across all specialties.
The Princess Grace Hospital has 127 registered beds, including 90 inpatient, 21 day case, 8 endoscopy, an urgent care unit and a Level 3 intensive care unit containing 9 beds, with 24-hour consultant cover and a high dependency unit. The hospital also has a several specialised centres, including; The London Breast Institute, recognised as one of the best private breast screening and diagnostic treatment centres in the UK; the London Digestive Centre, a highly specialised outpatient facility offering diagnoses and treatments for all conditions of the stomach, small and large intestines, liver, pancreas, and bile ducts; and The Institute of Sport Exercise and Health, a state-of-the-art facility dedicated to sport and exercise medicine.