London – Sarah Cannon Research Institute
Oncology Clinical Trials Research Fellow
Employer: Sarah Cannon Research Institute, part of HCA Healthcare UK
Location; Central London – Harley Street Medical District
Hours per week: 40 hours (Monday to Friday Day Shifts)
We are activity recruiting for an experienced Oncology Doctor to support Sarah Cannon’s mission of improving patient outcomes and advancing medical science by providing outstanding medical care to all patients participating in Cancer clinical trials and research projects at the London DDU in collaboration with our academic partner University College London (UCL).
Summary of Duties;
Responsible for the daily management of patients as directed by the respective Consultant, providing the highest standard of medical care for all patients participating in clinical trials.
Taking part in planning, setting up, conducting and reporting Clinical Trials of new cancer treatments.
Review all patients regularly on clinical trials, according to protocol and clinical need. Performing pre-study physical examinations, review laboratory data, ECGs and other medical information to ensure patients are medically and mentally fit to participate in relevant clinical trials
Support NHS oncology clinics at partner Trust, as applicable.
Successful Applicants will need
- Doctor pursuing a career in oncology in hospital or the pharmaceutical industry and have a strong commitment to clinical research.
- Specialists or Specialist Trainees in Medical Oncology, Clinical Oncology, or other appropriate specialties.
- Medical Degree; Full Registration and License to Practise with the General Medical Council (GMC)
- MRCP or equivalent, higher degree (MD/PhD) desirable
- Advanced Life Support Certificate.