London – The Wellington Hospital
Orthopaedic, Spinal & Neurosurgery - Staff Nurse
Location – The Wellington Hospital, South Bldg, The, 8A Wellington Pl, London NW8 9LE
This role is a 37.5 hours per week Monday – Sunday however is a flexible contract
The salary for this role is £33,000 – £37,000 plus 9% enhancement, this will be dependent on experience + Benefits (pension, health cover, flexible benefits and excellent career development)
About the Role
As the Staff Nurse within the Orthopaedics department you will be required to assess, plan, deliver and evaluate high standards of nursing care to patients within a safe, caring and comfortable environment. You will work within the team, supervising and directing junior staff.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Demonstrate good clinical practice at all times and to be accountable for own actions
- Assess, plan and deliver care to meet patient and family needs
- Undertake extended roles such as IV cannulation, phlebotomy
- Contribute to research-based care and other practice development initiatives
- Contribute to the setting of clinical standards, policy and procedure
- Promote good communication channels amongst staff enhancing good team work
- Maintain a safe environment for patients and staff
- Deputise for senior staff in their absence, demonstrating leadership and management
Skills & Experience:
- Registered Nurse Level 1
- NMC Registration and PREP requirements
- ENB course/experience relevant to an Orthopaedic environment
- Confident communicator with high levels of written and spoken English
- Knowledge of relevant NMC/national guidelines, policies and procedures (Code of conduct)
HCA Healthcare UK – The World’s largest private healthcare group; providing award winning primary, acute and complex care.
The Wellington Hospital has over four decades of expertise; providing the highest level of care for patients who are looking for the best treatment in key areas of healthcare, including: neurosurgery, spinal surgery, cardiac care, orthopaedics, acute neurological rehabilitation, gynaecology and cancer care.
In our 50-bed Acute Neurological Rehabilitation Unit we care for patients with a wide range of complex neurological conditions. And we're supported by the UK’s largest private intensive care unit. We also offer the latest cancer and robotic surgery treatments, including electrochemotherapy, HIPEC and the da Vinci Robot. Having the largest neurosciences unit in London means we're able to carry out advanced spinal surgery, intracranial and peripheral nerve surgery as well as pioneering neurosurgery.