London – The Lister Hospital
Staff Nurse – Medical
Location – The Lister Hospital, Chelsea Bridge Rd, London SW1W 8RH
This is a full-time role working 37.5hrs per week covering Monday-Sunday, Days & Nights.
Salary: £27,000 - £35,000 (DOE) plus 9% shift enhancement & Benefits (pension, health cover, flexible benefits and excellent career development).
About the Role
As the Staff Nurse, working within our medical wards, you will plan, deliver and evaluate high standards of nursing care whilst working within a multidisciplinary team, supervising and directing junior staff and also temporary staff. Taking part in consultant rounds and liaise with other members of staff you will be involved in the investigation of patient symptoms and be involved with pain and drain management. You’ll demonstrate good clinical practice at all times and to be accountable for own actions and contribute to the setting of clinical standards, policy and procedures and research-based care and other practice development initiatives.
Duties & Responsibilities
- To always demonstrate good clinical practice and to be accountable for own actions
- Prioritising workloads
- Promote team working
- Assess, plan, and deliver care, based on individual patient and family needs
- Contribute to research-based care and other practice development initiatives
- To deputise for senior staff in their absence, demonstrating leadership and management
- Supervise and direct junior staff, promoting a learning environment
- Ensure all patient charges are captured
- Undertake extended roles such as IV cannulation, phlebotomy
- Contribute to the setting of clinical standards, policy and procedures
- Evaluate care of the team and ensure standards are met
- Respect and ensure patient privacy and confidentiality
- To maintain accurate records of patient care
- Provide patients and families with information regarding the care and management of their condition
- To complete referrals for patients to internal and external agencies
- Providing emotional support to patients and relatives
- Good verbal and non-verbal communication skills
- Flexibility to respond to the needs of the department
- Good team player
- Ability to work under pressure
- Evidence of updating clinical skills/knowledge
- Evidence of professional and personal development
- Customer care skills
HCA Healthcare UK – The World’s largest private hospital group; providing award winning acute and complex care.
The Lister Hospital and its outpatient centres are located in the heart of Chelsea and have consistently provided care and treatment in London for over 30 years. We offer access to leading consultants from London's top teaching hospitals and contemporary treatment, with several highly specialised units including fertility, gastroenterology and cardiology.
With 57 beds across three floors, we offer a specialised service, bespoke to our patient’s needs. Our six-bed critical care unit provides dedicated specialised care to seriously ill patients with a range of surgical or medical conditions. The Medical Ward is a 13-bedded Ward caring for predominantly Medical patients and occasionally Surgical.