London – HCA UK at The Shard
Location – Outpatients, The Shard
Hours - 37.5 hours per week
Salary - Competitive + Benefits (pension, health cover, flexible benefits and excellent career development).
About the Role
As a Specialist Spinal MSK Physiotherapist, you will lead on the development of clinical pathways for the spine, working closely with Spinal Orthopaedic, Neurosurgical, Pain, and Rheumatology consultants at London Bridge Hospital.
You will be responsible for a majority spinal caseload, managing patients with complex needs, whilst also supporting the outpatient physiotherapists with management of spinal patients.
Duties to Include
- To provide highly specialised physiotherapy treatment using advanced clinical reasoning skills and evidence based practice for a wide range of conditions
- To work to the highest standards to facilitate evidence-based patient care, playing a key role in implementing, facilitating and developing physiotherapy best practice in line with local and national guidelines.
- Work alongside other senior clinicians to deliver, co-ordinate and evaluate the Spinal and pain service.
- Promote and be involved in service development, audit and research, marketing and strategic development of the spinal service.
- Be the lead clinician for delivering training and clinical supervision relating to spine and pain conditions to the outpatient physiotherapists.
- To actively seek opportunities to develop and maintain strong communication lines and relationships with Spinal, Orthopaedic, Neurosurgical, Pain and Rheumatology consultants, Leads and other members of the multidisciplinary team.
Skills & Experience
- HCPC registration
- CSP member
- Strong and professional communication skills with patients, colleagues and stakeholders, internal and external
- Highly specialist experience in Outpatient MSK Physiotherapy, in particular working with Spinal conditions and complex pain presentations
- Experience treating a wide range of MSK conditions, including post op, sports injuries and complex pain
- Have a range of manual, communication, clinical reasoning and rehabilitative skills
- Appropriate training at MSc level or equivalent experiential development
About the Facility
HCA Healthcare UK – The World’s largest private healthcare group; providing award winning primary, acute and complex care.