London – The Harley Street Clinic
Senior Staff Nurse – ITU
Full-Time hours, 37.5 hours a week
The Harley Street Clinic, London
from £38,000 + 9% Shift Enhancement + £3,000 (for completing ITU Course)
Benefits: Pension, health cover, flexible benefits and excellent career development. Scroll down for more!
As an ICU Senior Staff Nurse at the Harley Street Clinic, you would act as a deputy to the sister/charge nurse. The senior staff nurse is instrumental in ensuring the highest standards of clinical care are delivered. To be an advocate for the patient, working within the multidisciplinary team. Day to day smooth running of the unit working together with other clinical areas to ensure safe patient flow. Provide effective communication between all members of the multidisciplinary team. Ensure high levels of professional behaviour are adhered to at all times. To communicate effectively at all levels within the multi-disciplinary team.
ICU in Harley Street Clinic:
The 'Outstanding' CQC rated Harley Street Clinic's on-site ICU facilities have the expertise and technology to provide the highest standard of critical care. Our multidisciplinary team is on call 24/7 to make sure that you receive the best possible acute medical attention, if and when it's needed. With level 2 (HDU) and level 3 (ICU) critical care units in all our main hospitals, we can take care of you even in the most challenging situations. In fact, one in nine of our beds are for our critical care patients.
Skills & Experience
- Registered General Nurse with NMC pin.
- Neuro or General ITU/HDU specific skills and experience.
- Completed Critical Care Course (60 credits)
- Experience in advanced respiratory ventilation, neuro, cardiothoracic, oncology would be advantageous.
Your growth is fundamental to us, that’s why we heavily invest on your development so you can reach your best. Apart from the supernumerary and in-house training, we ensure that a robust career pathway with clear objectives is set for by your Team Leader and Clinical Educator. This include, but not limited to:
- Exposure to Critical Care Outreach
- Nurse-in-charge shifts
- Specialist stand-alone modules – i.e. Liver, Cardiac, Neuro, etc.
- Leadership and Management Apprenticeships
- MSc and ACP Apprenticeships
- Great internal mobility from one of HCA hospital to another
Apart from a generous salary package, as an HCA employee you will have access to the to the following benefits:
- Medical Insurance
- Contributory Pension
- Critical Illness Cover
- Dental Insurance
- Subsidised Gymflex membership
- GP Health Assessment
- Private f2f / Digital GP services
- Option to buy / sell holidays
- Life Assurance
- Travel Insurance
- Season Ticket Loan
- Cycle to work scheme
- Portland Maternity Services
- Taste card and Gourmet Society Card
HCA Healthcare UK
World’s largest private acute and complex care hospital group with a network of the capital’s most respected and long-established private hospitals.
For any informal questions before applying, please contact email@example.com