London – The Harley Street Clinic
HCA UK are incredibly proud to be awarded ‘Private Hospital Group of the Year ‘ 2020 at the Health Investor Awards.
Job - Senior Physicist
Location - Harley Street Clinic, London
Contract Type - Permanent, full time hours 37.5hrs
Salary Range - Competitive (dependent upon skills and experience)
The purpose of this role is firstly to support the maintenance and development of the treatment capabilities of the Medical Physics department at The Harley Street Clinic. It also includes contributing to all aspects of the stereotactic treatment planning activities at the clinic.
Ideally the post holder will split their time equally between supporting our routine external beam radiotherapy service and our dedicated SRS service.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Perform quality control measurements on radiotherapy treatment machines and ancillary equipment.
- Join the rota of early and late physicists to provide first line technical support.
- To be trained and become competent in all stereotactic treatment planning techniques offered by Harley Street Clinic.
- To work with clinical oncologists to produce accurate and precise treatment plans by aiding their localisation of treatment volumes and organs at risk. To explain the resulting treatment set up, such that the clinician is able to approve the finished plan.
- Participate in stereotactic MDMs, advising clinical attendees on available treatment options and optimal treatment strategies.
- To assist in developing treatment capabilities (commissioning equipment, treatment planning features, etc).
- Prepare procedures, protocols, Local Rules and risk assessments pertaining to physics support work.
- Contribute to the wider work of the Medical Physics department as appropriate, including but not limited to: quality control, quality assurance, brachytherapy, etc.
Skills & Experience
- Masters degree in relevant scientific, technical, or healthcare related discipline.
- HCPC registration or working towards registration.
- Experience of the quality control of high energy linacs.
- Experience in treatment planning.
- Experience of the calibration of equipment used for dosimetry of high energy linacs.
- Working knowledge of appropriate legislation (e.g. EPR, IRR, IRMER).
- Previous experience in Stereotactic planning.
- Experience of planning CyberKnife, GammaKnife or Linac based stereotactic treatments.
- Experience of Eclipse, Precision or Gamma Plan Treatment Planning Systems.
- Varian training courses (AR101, TBM101, OBI, etc).
- In depth knowledge of advanced treatment techniques.
About The Individual
At HCA UK we recognise and value everyone as unique and individual; treat people with kindness and compassion; act with absolute honesty, integrity, and fairness and trust and treat one another as valued members of the HCA UK family. As someone looking to join our family, you will demonstrate these key
If you wish to find out more about this opportunity, please apply for this role and a member of the team will be in contact shortly.