Lancashire – The Christie Private Care
Senior Specialist Nurse
Concierge Services/ Patient Navigation
Base Location; HCA Healthcare UK - London Office and North West Manchester/Wilmslow Area- some remote working.
An exciting opportunity has arisen for the position of Nurse Specialist to join HCA's Concierge Centre. Our Concierge Specialist Nurse will work collaboratively with all of the HCA UK hospitals’ senior nursing team to support and coordinate complex admissions.
The Concierge Centre operate a 24/7, 365 days a year clinically led service with access to eight world class hospitals located in Central London and Manchester. Over the last year we have supported patients from over 47 countries, including 8 red list countries, whilst abiding by government regulations.
Whether your passion is in cardiology, general medicine, pre-assessment, oncology, respiratory, orthopaedic, neurology, intensive care or paediatrics, we are confident you will thrive in our supportive and forward-thinking teams.
Naturally, our Concierge service is a challenging environment where we receive a variety of patient referrals including International Adult and Paediatric, NHS transfers, GP referrals, International Private Medical Insurance and Embassies.
Strong leadership skills with the ability to safely and efficiently manage patient assessment and flow to ensure a timely and streamline admission to the relevant HCA site would be required.
The ideal candidate will demonstrate an ability to show confidence and tact when dealing with patients from a multitude of various specialities within clinical practice. This role sometimes requires the ability to manage difficult and stressful situations so the ability to work under pressure while remaining professional and ensuring empathy is demonstrated at all times is essential.
Informal visits are recommended to meet the team
- As an employee you will be expected to help achieve its vision of providing quality care to all patients.
- Be committed to providing excellent patient care to our service users/stakeholders.
- Work with others to keep improving our service.
- Treat others with dignity, respect, honesty, integrity and fairness.
- Adopt a ‘can do, can help’ attitude and make an effective contribution to your team.
- Demonstrate excellent communication skills. Communicate effectively both in spoken and written English.
- Be responsible for ensuring a safe working environment.
- Understand that patient satisfaction and continuous improvement are fundamental to all job roles
- Use regular opportunities to share your ideas, thoughts and feedback to make HCA a great place to work.
- Shift Patterns: Service cover is 8am-8pm; shifts will be rostered as a combination of Earlies or Lates.
- Salary: Competitive Salary + Benefits (pension, health cover, flexible benefits and excellent career development).
- On Call: Paid on-call element to role.
- Training will be in London, Reporting Line will be in London
This role is an excellent opportunity to be part of a corporate operations team focused on delivering bespoke healthcare packages, including VIP concierge and fast-track access to all HCA UK services. If you are passionate about patient care and enjoy being a part of a dynamic team this may be the role for you.
Successful Applicants will need to demonstrate:
- NMC Registered Adult Nurse.
- Significant post graduate experience.
- Specialist post graduate qualification desirable.
- Advanced clinical assessment qualification desirable.
- Excellent communication skills, written and oral essential.
- Experience of working with multidisciplinary team essential.
- Experience in coordinating patient pathways desirable.
- Highly organised and self-motivated.
- Multilingual beneficial but not essential.