London – The Wellington Hospital
HCA UK are incredibly proud to be awarded ‘Private Hospital Group of the Year ‘ 2020 at the Health Investor Awards.
Job - Senior 1 Radiographer (Rotation in MRI, CT & General X-ray)
Location - The Wellington Hospital, London
Contract Type - Permanent, full time hours 37.5hrs (including shifts from 8am-4pm, 8am-8pm & 12pm-8pm)
Salary Range- Competitive dependent upon skills and experience. This position is equivalent to a band 7 in the NHS.
Other Info - Please note we will be able to offer VISA sponsorships to candidates within the EU and outside the EU for this position.
We have an exciting vacancy to join our team as a Senior 1 Radiographer with rotations in general x-ray, CT & MRI.You will provide a customer focused high quality diagnostic Radiography service to our patients and service users across both inpatient and outpatient settings. You should have strong technical knowledge within cross-sectional modalities.
This is a permanent full time role working 37.5hrs per week at The Wellington Hospital within London (including shifts from 8am-4pm, 8am-8pm & 12pm-8pm). Part-time/job share applications will also be considered.
Reward & recognition – We reward your commitment in delivering the highest standard of care with generous and competitive benefits such as our contribution pension scheme, private medical insurance, annual salary review, 25 days holiday each year; with the option to buy and sell. We invest in your career development with clear career pathways and access to further education. We can also offer you support with relocation if you are living outside of London or the UK; subject to terms and conditions.
Duties & Responsibilities
· Undertake all examinations efficiently and to a high standard
· Ensure all patients receive the highest standard of care
· Work closely with the Radiologists and Consultants in setting up policies and protocols for all imaging and patient pathways
· Adhere to protocols
· Ensure safety of patients, staff, relatives and visitors at all times
· Participate in the out of hours and extended days
The radiographer must be able and prepared to:
· Participate in extended working days (by rota)
· Participate in the general and MRI on-call rota
· Set an example to others e.g. tidiness of appearance, punctuality
· Have good organisational and communication skills
· Report promptly any equipment faults, and ensure these are recorded
· Observe patient confidentiality and corporate data protection protocols
· Always abide by the current Manual Handling, Infection Control and any other hospital and departmental policies
· Any other duties as reasonably requested by the Superintendent or Radiology Manager.
· Be able to deputize for area superintendent.
· Occasional rotation across our out- patient facilities in Golders Green (NW11 9PY) and Elstree (WD6 3BS) may be required.
Skills & Experience
DCR(R) or BSc in Radiography
Extensive experience in MRI, CT and general X-ray
Cardiac MRI experience is desirable
Experience with 3T scanning
About The Facility
The Wellington Hospital has over four decades of expertise; providing the highest level of care for patients who are looking for the best treatment in key areas of healthcare, including: neurosurgery, spinal surgery, cardiac care, orthopaedics, acute neurological rehabilitation, gynaecology and cancer care.
About The Individual
At HCA UK we recognise and value everyone as unique and individual; treat people with kindness and compassion; act with absolute honesty, integrity, and fairness and trust and treat one another as valued members of the HCA UK family. As someone looking to join our family, you will demonstrate these key values.
You will also actively participate as a member of a team to move the team towards completion of tasks, goals, and objectives; demonstrate leadership and influence others to be the best they can be and inspire our colleagues and patients; and deliver information in a clear, concise, and compelling manner to effectively engage others and achieve desired results.
If you wish to find out more about this opportunity, please apply for this role and a member of the team will be in contact shortly.