London – The Portland Hospital
Senior Staff Nurse - Gynaecology Ward
Location: The Portland Hospital, 205-209 Great Portland St, London W1W 5AH
Working hours 37.5 per week Monday - Sunday (long days/nights/weekends rotational shifts)
Salary: £38,000 - £44,000 DOE plus shift enhancement & Benefits (pension, health cover, flexible benefits and excellent career development)
The Senior Staff Nurse will be able to assess, plan, deliver and evaluate highest standards of nursing for all patients between High Dependency and Surgical Ward working within a team, supervising and directing junior staff enabling the provision of a high quality woman centred surgical service. Deputising for the sisters in their absence.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- To act as a role model, assisting colleagues to develop advanced knowledge and skills in order to benefit the treatment and care of patients in both a High Dependency and ward setting within the Hospital.
- To independently assess patient care requirements, deliver planned nursing care in agreement with the patient or the main carer as appropriate, demonstrate effective evaluation of nursing interventions and initiate newly planned care accordingly, ensuring patient advocacy is maintained at all times.
- Demonstrate clinical credibility and advanced nursing practice within the physical assessment of a patient.
- Work with junior staff / health care assistant / students and delegate and supervise care in a fair and equitable manner.
- Recognise the signs and symptoms of a deteriorating patient and initiate early interventions in a calm and co-ordinated manner. Take the lead in emergency situations and carry out evaluation of care post emergency care situations.
- Advise other clinical areas/ departments with regards the needs of the critically ill patient/ acting as resource for ward areas.
Skills & Experience:
- Registered Nurse Level 1
- NMC Registration and PREP requirements
- Course/experience relevant to specialist area desirable
- Flexibility to respond to the needs of the department
- Previous experience in Gynaecology
HCA Healthcare UK – The World’s largest private healthcare group; providing award winning primary, acute and complex care.
The Portland Hospital is the only private hospital in the UK dedicated to the healthcare of women and children. We're the UK's largest private children's hospital with over 46 paediatric beds including a 10-bed intensive care unit, a neonatal intensive care unit, and a day-case unit. Caring for over 40,000 children a year, we provide treatment for everything from general paediatric conditions to complex craniofacial reconstruction. We have over 175 paediatric consultants available to treat children from new-born up to the age of 18.