Cheshire – The Wilmslow Hospital
Senior Sister – Surgical
Location – The Wilmslow Hospital, 52-54 Alderley Rd, Wilmslow SK9 1NY
This role is a 37.5 hours per week Monday – Saturday to cover early / late shifts based on internal rotation
The role offers an attractive and competitive salary depending on experience + Benefits (pension, health cover, flexible benefits and excellent career development)
About the Role
As Senior Sister for our Surgical Ward you will provide effective leadership, expertise, advice and support to the team, carrying continuous responsibility for the management of the unit, making effective use of resources and ensuring the highest standards of care to patients and families are achieved on a 24-hour basis.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Effective leadership and management of RN’s an HCA’s, supporting staff with clear lines of professional and organisational accountability performance and development of staff
- Supporting staff in communicating effectively
- Proactive development and monitoring of nursing services to improve the quality of care
- Effective resource management within allocated budgetary constraints
- Enhancement of patient experience in all aspects of the journey
- Implementation of effective risk management processes
- Promotion of supportive environment that enables staff and students to demonstrate ongoing learning and development
- To effectively manage the service and ensure that all charges are captured effectively.
- To ensure that agreed stock levels are maintained
- Ensure that all ward revenue is identified
Skills & Experience
- NMC Registered Nurse
- Strong experience in a surgical setting
- Evidence of further education including post-graduate certification/diploma/Continuous Professional development
- Management skills and Leadership or management training
HCA Healthcare UK – The World’s largest private healthcare group; providing award winning primary, acute and complex care.
At The Wilmslow Hospital, we diagnose and treat a range of conditions using some of the most advanced technology in the region, from our 3T MRI scanner to our state-of-the-art laminar flow operating theatres.
The hospital is made up of 13 consultant rooms; a full diagnostic imaging suite; 2 operating theatres and a dedicated women’s health unit.