London – The Wellington Hospital
Staff Nurse – Cardiac - Full-Time
Location: Wellington Hospital, St Johns Wood, London
Salary: Upwards of £33,000 plus 9% shift enhancements + Private Medical + Pension and many more benefits.
As a Staff Nurse, you will be responsible for providing all aspects of patient care through the assessment, planning, implementation and evaluation of programmes of care. You will work within our Cardiac ward which is a fast paced 25 bedded unit specialising in angioplasties, pace makers, defibrillators and acute cardiac/medical patients. As this role does not require previous cardiac experience as we will consider strong candidates from other clinical specialisms (i.e. medical) as we will provide the training and development.
The ward involves Interventional Cardiology, Cardiothoracic surgery with some liver, vascular and robotics as well as cardiac/medical conditions that require continuous monitoring and treatment. This ward also includes 5 day-case beds with a high turnaround of patients.
Duties and Responsibility:
- To take responsibility for the unit in the absence of the Sister or Ward Manager
- Ensure individualised care plans are in place for all patients in the designated clinical area.
- Ensure an ongoing welcoming, caring, and safe environment is provided for patients and their families.
- To supervise and support members of the ward team and ensure that all patients receive appropriate care.
Skills and Experience
- NMC Registered Nurse (RN Adult)
- Relevant courses in Cardiology/Cardiothoracic
- Experience of working with acute/chronically ill patients in a cardiac setting
About The Facility
HCA Healthcare UK – The World’s largest private healthcare group; providing award winning primary, acute and complex care.
The Wellington Hospital has over four decades of expertise; providing the highest level of care for patients who are looking for the best treatment in key areas of healthcare, including: neurosurgery, spinal surgery, cardiac care, orthopaedics, acute neurological rehabilitation, gynaecology, and cancer care.
If you have any informal queries, please email firstname.lastname@example.org