London – The Lister Hospital
Deputy Head of Resident Doctors
Adult ITU/Critical Care Trained
Lister Hospital- Chelsea London
Exciting Internal opportunity for career progression for our Resident Doctors.
**Internal Advert Only**
This is your opportunity to become a vital part of HCAs management team.
At HCA UK, we have an exciting opportunity, as our career pathway for Resident Doctors expands, creating several new roles, under our Head of Resident Doctors, suitable to Senior SPR level Doctors, or Junior Consultants, seeking involvement into leadership.
We have a newly created position, actively seeking to recruit for a Deputy Resident Doctor at the Lister Hospital. In this role you will learn from our leading experts of managers at the Lister.
- Full Time.. 40 hours per week, occasional weekends. This role is split 80% clinical, 20% managerial.
- Permanent Contract. Competitive salary depending on experience and specialist area.
- Plus; Fully Funded Masters Degree in Medical Leadership at City University in association with Bayes Business School.
- Location Lister Hospital Chelsea
Summary of Duties; Head of Resident Doctors
- The successful candidate, will work as directed by the Head of Resident Doctor, supporting our hospital's leadership teams concerning service line management and people management.
- This will include responsibility for workforce planning to the required patient to doctor ratios. Managing Critical Care Doctor's rotas ensuring staffing levels are responsive to changes in patient census and patient needs. Pro- actively recruiting for permanent rota positions, and increasing the in-house bank to ensure our resident doctors are highly skilled and competent.
- As a clinical expert this will oversee mandatory training, dealing with any clinical incidents and using his as education opportunities to share best practice. Working alongside your peers.
- You will interlink with the site management team, support the Head of Resident Doctors, providing guidance and support on potential new ways of working, improving efficiencies, Audits, research and vast scope of standardising high-quality medical practices.
Criteria for successful applicants.
- Full registration with the General Medical Council (GMC)
- 3 years' Doctors medical training in Intensive Care/Critical Care