London – The Lister Hospital
Pre-Assessment Lead Nurse
Location – The Lister Hospital, Chelsea Bridge, London, SW1W 8RH
This role is a 37.5 hours per week, pre-operative assessment clinics run
Monday to Saturdays between 08.00 and 18.00 hours. Shifts will be allocated to cover these hours therefore a flexible approach to the needs of the service.
This role offers a competitive salary, this will be dependent on experience + Benefits (pension, health cover, flexible benefits and excellent career development)
About the Role
To lead the pre-assessment department to provide the highest standards of care, safety and service to patients, relatives and other customers such Consultants, using a philosophy of care endorsed within the hospital which will be underpinned by policy, procedures, protocols, business strategies and imperatives.
Duties & Responsibilities
- To manage the provision of all patient pre-assessments in conjunction with the pre-assessment nurse and admin support, liaising as appropriate with other clinical professionals e.g. Consultants, Anaesthetists etc.
- To lead and manage the pre-assessment team and be responsible for excellence within the service
- To provide clinical expertise of the highest calibre to ensure the highest standards of nursing care are consistently provided to all patients attending the pre-assessment department.
- Be responsible for stock control in the pre-assessment area and ensure charges are submitted when applicable.
- To maintain close relationships with Consultants and secretaries
- To oversee the delivery of the highest standards within the service
- Ensure there are excellent organisational and processes in place to deliver within the expected timeframes for the pre-assessment service
Skills & Experience
- Registered Nurse with NMC
- Significant nursing experience with pre-assessment experience
- Further education in related subject
- Demonstrative ability in leadership
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
HCA Healthcare UK – The World’s largest private healthcare group; providing award winning primary, acute and complex care.
The Lister Hospital and its outpatient centres are located in the heart of Chelsea and have consistently provided care and treatment in London for over 30 years. We offer access to leading consultants from London's top teaching hospitals and contemporary treatment, with several highly specialised units including fertility, gastroenterology and cardiology.
With 57 beds across three floors, we offer a specialised service, bespoke to our patient’s needs. Our six-bed critical care unit provides dedicated specialised care to seriously ill patients with a range of surgical or medical conditions.