London – The Lister Hospital
Healthcare Assistant (HCA)
Location – Lister Hospital, Chelsea Bridge Road, London, SW1W 8RH.
Department - Inpatient Medical Ward
This is a full-time role working 37.5hrs per week, mixed shift rotation, working long days and nights, include weekends.
This role offers an attractive and competitive salary, and this will be dependent on experience + Benefits (pension, health cover, flexible benefits and excellent career development)
About the Role:
As a Healthcare Assistant you will work as part of the ward team under the supervision of registered nurses to provide and deliver a customer service to a world class level for our patients, visitors, and consultants.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Assist and as required provide patients with personal care and help with other activities of daily living
- Recognise signs of symptoms that may be indicative of abuse and escalate any concerns to the Nurses in Charge or Ward Manager
- Perform, document and report clinical observations and physical assessment and escalate changes in patients’ condition to the Nurse in Charge
- Recognise where a patient is becoming agitated, confused or is non-compliant with their care or treatment, support colleagues when dealing with such patients, report this to the Nurse in charge
- Respond swiftly to patients, who require assistant, who are distressed or using their call bell, when required, report this to a registered nurse.
- Organising and preparing patients room daily and before an admission.
- Keeping the treatment room, storerooms organised, clean and tidy always
- Monitor stock levels and inform clinical staff when additional stock needs to be ordered
- Clean and inspect equipment reporting any faults
- Demonstrate a high standard of customer care in dealing with consultants, other clinical staff, patients, and relatives
- To take responsibility for own practice, in accordance with the hospital guidelines/protocols
- Maintain confidentiality and only disclose data to authorised persons or organisations
- Ensure correct labelling and facilitate safe transport of specimens
- Chaperoning and assisting medical staff and nursing staff when required
- To treat patients in an environment that preserves personal dignity and privacy and ensure patient comfort
- Report any concerns to the Nurse in charge
Skills & Experience:
- 1-2 years previous experience within a similar clinical area in a hospital setting is essential
- Evidence of updating clinical skills/knowledge/competency
- Evidence of professional and personal development
- Excellent spoken and written English
- NVQ level 3 or Care Certificate – desirable
- To be able to work under pressure and cope with stressful and sensitive situations
- Excellent interpersonal skills, flexible adaptable in your approach.
- To be able to use initiative as well as working effectively as part of a team
HCA Healthcare UK – The World’s largest private healthcare group; providing award winning primary, acute and complex care. The Lister Hospital is a private hospital providing word-class healthcare in the heart of Chelsea, London.