London – Roodlane Medical
Urgent Care Doctor – ( GP Registered )
Location: Princess Grace Hospital – Adult Urgent Care Centre
Contract Type: Full Time Permanent
Hours: 40 hours per week a pattern of early or lates
Salary: up to £95000 dependent upon experience, plus up to 10% bonus based on occupancy/patient contact rate and shift pattern worked.
Benefits; Private Medical Insurance, Contributory pension, 25days annual leave plus bank holidays. You can also join our bank, for extra shifts at a competitive hourly rate.
Summary of role;
The Urgent Care Physician will provide assessment and diagnosis to patients presenting to our GP lead Walk in Urgent Care Centre. As a registered General Practitioner, you will assess and initiate care for privately paying patients and provide appropriate treatment-seeking with the support of specialty consultants where required, adhering to the clinical standards on-site and ensuring patients receive exceptional care.
- To provide complete consultations with assessment, treatment and management of patients of all ages presenting with acute healthcare problems arriving into UCC. Ensuring patients and their relatives are provided a first-class customer experience.
- Work as part of the wider clinical team- supporting UCC nurses, GP colleagues and admin staff to manage referrals of UCC patients onwards to specialities for follow up reviews or immediate admission into the facility
- Maintain clinical excellence and a patient-centered approach at all times.
- Participate in regular meetings with the local lead, nursing staff, administrative staff and other allied staff eg imaging, labs to discuss day to day operational issues, clinical governance cases, etc.
- Carry out clinical audits and propose QIP
- Report on audits and implement recommendations as appropriate
- Ensure that clinical practice is evidence based and in line with national or other given standards
- Take part in the quality improvement program of the Urgent Care and actively participate in several quality audits.
Successful Urgent Care Doctors, for this role you will need:
Competencies in monitoring, measurement, and interpretation of vital signs, skill to recognise deteriorating health and respond effectively to acutely ill patients.
- GMC and license to practise in the UK
- MRCGP or equivalent
- Have a current BLS and ALS
- MBBS or equivalent medical qualification
- GMC registrations and on the GP Register
- Postgraduate experience to include A&E or Urgent Care
The Urgent Care Centre at Princess Grace Hospital – is part of the award-winning HCA Healthcare UK.
Able to treat a wide range of minor illnesses and injuries. Our expert team can provide quick onwards referrals to specialist private consultants and on-site diagnostic imaging (X-Ray). Other imaging diagnostics (Ultrasound, CT, MRI) could also be arranged following specialist private consultant referral. Blood tests and laboratory services are also available. We offer a range of Point of Care diagnostic tests on site providing rapid access to results and treatment. We offer face-to-face walk-in consultations, from 8.00am-8.00pm (last patient seen at 7.30pm).