London – The Princess Grace Hospital
Staff Nurse – Acute Care Unit
Location – The Princess Grace Hospital, 42-52 Nottingham Pl, Marylebone, London W1U 5NY
This role is a 37.5 hours per week Monday – Sunday (including Bank Holidays) to cover internal rotation, you will need to be flexible to work days, nights and weekends.
The salary for this role is £32,000 – £36,000 plus 9% enhancement, this will be dependent on experience + Benefits (pension, health cover, flexible benefits and excellent career development)
About the Role
The Acute Care Unit is a 19-bedded Acute Medical Ward. Most cases from the unit varies from Respiratory, Endocrinology, Rheumatology, Gastroenterology etc.
The Acute Care Unit works alongside the Acute Admissions Unit which focuses on unplanned Medical and Surgical patients.
As a Staff Nurse, you will plan, deliver and evaluate high standards of nursing care with no direct supervision whilst working within a multidisciplinary team, supervising and directing junior staff and temporary staff. You will demonstrate good clinical practice at all times and to be accountable for your own actions, and contribute to promoting and maintaining clinical standards, policy and procedures and research-based care and other practice development initiatives.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Demonstrate good clinical practice at all times and to be accountable for own actions
- Assess, plan and deliver care to meet patient and family needs
- Undertake extended roles such as IV cannulation, phlebotomy
- Contribute to research based care and other practice development initiatives
- Contribute to the setting of clinical standards, policy and procedure
- Promote good communication channels amongst staff enhancing good team work
- Maintain a safe environment for patients and staff
- Deputise for senior staff in their absence, demonstrating leadership and management
Skills & Experience
- Registered Nurse Level 1
- NMC Registration and PREP requirements
- Post-graduate experience of a broad range of Acute Medicine and Surgery
- Basic life support or Immediate Life Support
HCA Healthcare UK – The World’s largest private healthcare group; providing award winning primary, acute and complex care.
Situated in the heart of London's world-renowned medical district, The Princess Grace Hospital is recognised as one of the best-equipped multidisciplinary private hospitals in the capital. Our dedicated and highly trained team is committed to delivering an exemplary standard of clinical care across all specialties.
The Princess Grace Hospital has 127 registered beds, including 90 inpatient, 21 day case, 8 endoscopy, an urgent care unit and a Level 3 intensive care unit containing 9 beds, with 24-hour consultant cover and a high dependency unit. The hospital also has a several specialised centres, including; The London Breast Institute, recognised as one of the best private breast screening and diagnostic treatment centres in the UK; the London Digestive Centre, a highly specialised outpatient facility offering diagnoses and treatments for all conditions of the stomach, small and large intestines, liver, pancreas, and bile ducts; and The Institute of Sport Exercise and Health, a state-of-the-art facility dedicated to sport and exercise medicine.