London – The Lister Hospital
Theatre Practitioner IVF - The Portland Hospital
Location – The Portland Hospital, 215 Great Portland St, London W1W 5AH
This is a part time 18.45 hours per week Monday – Sunday, we are looking for someone who can be flexible to work with the service needs
This role offers a competitive salary (dependent on experience) + Benefits (pension, health cover, flexible benefits and excellent career development)
About the Role
The Theatre Practitioner will be working as part of a team within the IVF ward to ensure a high standard of nursing care and safety for patients within the theatre unit.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Assesses patient care requirements independently and agrees with the patient the level of nursing care required, involving the main carer where appropriate.
- Delivers appropriate patient care.
- Evaluates care outcomes and knows how to respond to an emergency.
- Can take the lead in an emergency situation.
- Ensures that policies and procedures relating to administration of medicines, blood and blood products are followed.
- Implements and evaluates patient care around infection control measures.
Skills & Experience
- Registered Nurse Level 1
- Registered O.D.P. (NVQ III/Dip. HE)
- Previous experience theatre experience
- Knowledge of relevant hospital policies and procedures
- Health and Safety training Moving and Handling training
About Lister Fertility Clinic and the Portland Hospital
Lister Fertility Clinic is one of the UK’s most successful fertility clinics. Established over 30 years ago it has helped to produce over 20,000 babies. Due to Lister Fertility’s continued success we are launching a second clinic at the Portland Hospital in central London in early 2022. The clinic will be purpose built and house all the latest technology to support a modern fertility service.
The clinic will offer patients a holistic approach to fertility care from early advice and investigations to recurrent miscarriage services, male fertility, IVF and ongoing gynaecology care and surgery. The team will be led by some of London’s leading names in the field of fertility and gynaecology. The aim of the clinic will be to create a positive environment where staff are supported and encouraged to develop alongside providing exceptional patient care.
The Portland Hospital is the only private hospital in the UK dedicated to the healthcare of women and children. The opening of the new Fertility Clinic will allow us to provide ongoing support to parents in their journey to parenthood and beyond.