London – Private Care at Guys
Job - Resident Doctor – Medical Oncology
Location – Guy's Hospital, London
Contract Type - 2-year contract – FTE or LTFT with a range of flexible shifts. You can also join our bank, for extra shifts.
Salary - £70,000 dependent on skills & experience
By caring for our employees, we empower them to provide exceptional care for our patients. That’s why we offer a host of flexible benefits that reflect the invaluable contribution they make every day.
- 25 days holiday each year (excluding bank holidays)
- Private healthcare and dental insurance for you and your family
- Critical illness cover and Life insurance
- Private pension contribution
You can expect to be working in an environment that promotes the development of your skills and knowledge. Through funded courses, research and qualifications.
About the role
Resident Doctors at HCA UK are required to work independently within their skill set to review and treat a wide spectrum of inpatients with short and long-term, complex conditions, as well as formulate plans under the supervision of the Consultant in Charge or a leading Professor.
- Play an integral part of the experienced and established medical team.
- Attend MDTs to discuss and learn about complex patient cases and share of best practice.
- Day to day medical care of inpatients including clerking new planned and unplanned admissions.
- Daily patient ward rounds, responding to medical needs, and emergencies and caring for end of life patients.
- The role also includes ad hoc medical cover to the outpatient chemotherapy day unit.
There are opportunities for educational development including in house oncology education and attending outpatient clinics within the admin time.
Skills and experience
Completion of Foundation training and ideally at least 2 further year of medical experience.
Oncology/haematology patient experience within in-patient settings
MRCP or equivalent
About the facility
Rated as 'outstanding' by the CQC, the London Bridge Hospital campus in South East London encompasses an outpatients and diagnostic centre in The Shard; a large world-class hospital based at the Tooley Street site; Private Care at Guys, which is on the top four floors of Guys Hospital Cancer Centre; and outpatient and diagnostic centres across the City and Canary Wharf