London – The Portland Hospital
Location – The Portland Hospital for Women and Children, London
Salary - Competitive + Bonus and Benefits (pension, health cover, flexible benefits and excellent career development)
Working hours- Monday – Friday ( 9am – 3pm). You may also be required to work a Saturday and on call rotas where required.
About the Role
We have a exciting opportunity for a Specialist Clinical Pharmacist to join The Portland Hospital for Women and Children.
You will act as a specialist role model and and expert in the area of Paediatric and Neonatal Intensive Care (PICU & NICU). As a Specialist Clinical Pharmacist you will be responsible for providing a high standard of pharmaceutical services which consistently meet the needs of all service users
Duties and responsibilities
- To lead and manage clinical pharmacy services to PICU & NICU.
- Configure and validate new drugs on electronic ICCA prescribing system.
- To actively participate regularly in multidisciplinary ward rounds.
- To proactively identify and promote best clinical practice within PICU & NICU. A particular interest in cardiology and parenteral nutrition would be desirable.
- To lead development and review of prescribing trust policies within PICU & NICU.
- To provide clinical pharmacy ward cover to all areas of Women’s and Children’s within the hospital when required
- To assist relevant hospital/corporate committees in assessing and evaluating implementation and impact of NICE guidance, new initiatives and innovation within HCA Healthcare.
- To demonstrate innovation and expand the boundaries of the profession within the speciality.
- Ensure a high level of clinical pharmacy input to the care of patients within paediatrics
- Provide patient and carer education and close liaison across the interface.
- Cardiac PICU experience
- ICCA (ICIP) prescribing system experience
- Education & training of clinical staff
- 2 years’ experience covering PICU/NICU specialties
- Clinical diploma
About the Facility
HCA Healthcare UK – The World’s largest private healthcare group; providing award winning primary, acute and complex care.
The Portland Hospital is the only private hospital in the UK dedicated to the healthcare needs of women, children and their families.
Caring for over 40,000 children a year, we provide treatment for everything from general paediatric conditions to complex craniofacial reconstruction.