London – The Lister Hospital
Senior Staff Nurse – Day Surgery
Location – The Lister Hospital, Chelsea Bridge Rd, London SW1W 8RH
This role is a 37.5 hours per week Monday – Saturday based on internal rotation, you will need to be flexible to between the hours of 7.30am – 7.30pm
The salary offered for this role is between £38,000 - £43,000 this will be dependent on experience + Benefits (pension, health cover, flexible benefits and excellent career development)
About the Role
As the Senior Staff Nurse, working within our Day Surgery unit, you will assess, plan, deliver and implement a high standard of nursing care, responding to individual needs, to also provide management and leadership to all staff in the absence of the Ward Manager.
Duties & Responsibilities
- To demonstrate good clinical practice at all times and to be accountable for own actions
- Prioritising workloads and directing staff accordingly
- Make efficient use of available resources
- Regularly deputise for Ward Manager, providing management and leadership in his absence
- Promote team working
- Assess, plan and deliver care, based on individual patient and family needs
- Evaluate care of the team and ensure standards are met
- Respect and ensure patient privacy and confidentiality
- Support and act as role model for junior staff, promoting a learning environment
- Ensure equipment is in good working order
Skills & Experience
- Registered Nurse Level 1
- NMC Registration and PREP requirements
- Post-graduate experience of a broad range of surgical procedure
- Basic life support
- Phlebotomy training desirable
HCA Healthcare UK – The World’s largest private hospital group; providing award winning acute and complex care.
The Lister Hospital and its outpatient centres are located in the heart of Chelsea and have consistently provided care and treatment in London for over 30 years. We offer access to leading consultants from London's top teaching hospitals and contemporary treatment, with several highly specialised units including fertility, gastroenterology and cardiology.
With 57 beds across three floors, we offer a specialised service, bespoke to our patient’s needs. Our six-bed critical care unit provides dedicated specialised care to seriously ill patients with a range of surgical or medical conditions.